ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Excel/ Open office people- Can you help?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I realise that this is probably a really simple thing to do but I can't seem to do it. I never use Excel, I was wondering if someone could help me with a work rota issue.

We work 10 days on, 10 off. 2 people per shift. What I want to do is have a rota on one page so I can see the full year, so probably 3 rows of 4 month blocks. Doesn't need to fit on an A4 page though, just so it's easy to see.

I found something on the old work laptop and managed to start modifying it but I don't have Excel at home and Apache openoffice is a bit pants. This is what I have to date but I am now stuck as I can't seem to insert any calendar into my page.

rota.jpg

I don't need the "January Total" or any of the colour key at the bottom, just the 4 names and cover.

Is there an easy way to do this and will it be able to roll on to the next year/ be changes and still keep the pattern?

Cheers.

PH2 172
I realise that this is probably a really simple thing to do but I can't seem to do it. I never use Excel, I was wondering if someone could help me with a work rota issue.

We work 10 days on, 10 off. 2 people per shift. What I want to do is have a rota on one page so I can see the full year, so probably 3 rows of 4 month blocks. Doesn't need to fit on an A4 page though, just so it's easy to see.

I found something on the old work laptop and managed to start modifying it but I don't have Excel at home and Apache openoffice is a bit pants. This is what I have to date but I am now stuck as I can't seem to insert any calendar into my page.

View attachment 173683

I don't need the "January Total" or any of the colour key at the bottom, just the 4 names and cover.

Is there an easy way to do this and will it be able to roll on to the next year/ be changes and still keep the pattern?

Cheers.
Give me a pen/biro and I can use one of these.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0081S5RK6/?tag=cliospnet01-21

997.1, Caddy, e208
ok, well the concept of 3 rows of 4 makes it complicated due to leap years changing the offset

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Ah ok. Would it be easier to do with the tabs for each month then as my screenshot above shows and manually input each month's shifts like I started to do?

If so, is there a way to insert a month per tab in Excel/ Open office?

I bloody hate Excel! I don't know it's limitations, or even the basics tbh.

997.1, Caddy, e208
i used the template you did for a holiday matrix, it works well and i'd recommend something like that.
Ive began writing a macro that'll flash-fill the rota for you but i need to go to bed, i can finish it tomorrow evening for you

997.1, Caddy, e208
What I'll do for simplicity is store the whole year in a tab, thats where youll key the rota (run once) then it'll transpose the rota onto each tab

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
You could arrange it in accounting weeks, as that will always be the same.

4 week month, 4 week month, 5 week month.

997.1, Caddy, e208
Didn't last year throw that out a little with a 53rd week?

I haven't forgot about this just got my own projects to do for Monday also.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Didn't last year throw that out a little with a 53rd week?

I haven't forgot about this just got my own projects to do for Monday also.

It just has a few days iirc.

I don't really deal with accounting weeks, so my understanding is limited, ha.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers guys

@Oggy172 no rush mate, I can go off my phone app for the time being.

@Deeg i dont even know how to insert a calendar in there tbh (well with apache open office anyway)

I'm back in work today so I can look on excel later.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Just do it on Excel, but your 3 month periods won't necessarily run as full months.

Google accounting weeks, should make sense and allow you to have 3 rows of 4.

I'd just put the month in a separate cell to the date (number). Then rotate the text month to run vertically.

997.1, Caddy, e208
It just has a few days iirc.

I don't really deal with accounting weeks, so my understanding is limited, ha.

I just remember our budgeted costs being out last year because of it. It skewed the 445 pattern so we were budgeting off of a 4 week in a 5 week period.