ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Excess Camber

R26
A week ago (ish) I posted up (here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=206858&highlight=uneven+camber) that I was getting negative camber on my driver's side front wheel.

Since then I have had it up on ramps and managed to work out the ball-joint was bent. I replaced that, along with the wishbone. Even though the car seem tighter the negative camber is still there.

What else could be causing this? I'm assuming that if the shock/spring was gone I would notice through the handling, but it's been spot on. There are no odd vibrations, knocks, sqeeks or rattles when accelerating/braking/cornering. I'm actually stumped on this one so any help would be greatly appreciated (edde???)!

Thanks in advance.

-Jas.

R26
About half an hour after I posted up yesterday, a friend and I got the tape measure, a pen and paper and started checking the front suspension on both sides. We've managed to work out that the front suspension is staright and the camber is being caused by the hub as these were the only measurements that were significantly different when comparing both sides. I know it's not the most scientific way of checking it but you make do with what you have!

This lead us to conclude that possibly a badly cast knuckle or incorrectly pressed bearing was the culprit

Has anyone got part numbers for the knuckle and bearing?

Cheers

-Jas.