ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exclusive or not that is the question

Right guys, after lots of think about what car to buy its looking like a clio 172 or an a3 1.8 t( with a revo chip) ... but on the clio side of things what are the big advantages of the exclusive over the usual 172... is it just the green paint and diff seats? wanna buy soon as i have lots of people who wanna work with me on a project car...

any help much appreciated...

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Green paint, Full leather interior, 6 disk multi changer, BBS alloys and a build number inside ths passenger side door seal (stating x out of 172)

exclusive was, as you say Scarab Green metalic paint, BBS alloys, full leather interior and a CD player.

Was nice when I had mine, cant think of any other differences over a MK1

Keith

ordinary 172 is also with a 6 disc multi changer - so differences as far as I know is only wheels, paint, leather, "exclusive" number.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Didnt the exclusive have a changer and a cd hu?

The seats are horrible too

Abarth 500

The exclusive had the single cd player in the dash as well as the multichanger. The standard one had a tape player plus multichanger.

I believe the general advice is, if you like the wheels and the paint (which I dont!) then go for it, if not then theres little point!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by Rhys on 25 November 2003

A Revo chipped A3 1.8T will be a fair bit quicker than a 172!
In a straight line maybe. But it would have to be 200bhp+

CTR EK9 turbo

I like the idea of the exclusive but didnt know what to think about the leather seats :confused: you dont get the Renaultsport logo on them, so....

its tricky... the a3 has the build quality, and the potential with the turbo, but the 172 is quicker standard.. my my who knew it woudl be so hard to make a decision...

the boys at revo said they would sort me out the reprogramme and a sp3 controller for free.. whcih is why im so tempted....