ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exhaust advice please

phase 1 172
hey lads and ladettes

the back box has just dropped off tonight and i need to sort it before i get it MOT'd. can people inform me what exhausts they have (stealth only please) and what it cost. i would prefer cat back but to be honest due to funds i maybe be forced to have just back box for the phase 1 172!

any feedback or comms would be massively appreciated

cheers rich

phase 1 172
ha ha like leaves in autumn the clio exhaust!!! so if you buy just the rear section will i have to get it welded to the centre section?

Clio 172 cup
Ktec Stealth ftw! Cheaper than a standard Renault replacement, looks pretty much the same except for a wider bore and sounds awesome!

A bit of advice though, and I expect you'll get this with any stainless exhaust you get. Due to the excess wait it can (and probably will) cause your rear exhaust hanger to break. It's a common fault and there's a fix for it in the guides section, but just thought I'd let you know as I was in the exact same situation as you last year.

yap

51 Clio 172
ha ha like leaves in autumn the clio exhaust!!! so if you buy just the rear section will i have to get it welded to the centre section?

Yeah if you just by the rear. But this is bodging the job. Better off buying a whole new one.

phase 1 172
cheers guys, so the ktec one is that the cheaper mild steel one or is it not worth it as i`l be changing again because of rust!

Evo 8 MR
Invest in a stainless steel system now and you won't have to buy another one as it will outlive the life of the car.

phase 1 172
morning fred, would be a pleasure to invest in one of your beautiful creations its just i have to get the exhaust fixed then mot it then tax it so we`re looking at £550 minimum and i can afford that right now!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Do not get a ktec stealth for a ph1. Mine pokes out under the rear bumper quite visibly. Shite.

phase 1 172
£300 > £400 for exhaust, £100 tax and £40 odd for MOT. i was wavering to the ktec as its £286 but after what warren said not sure now!

what tools are required for a diy job to fit apart from axel stands ect?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
MY EXHAUST FELL OFF THIS MORNING TOO !!!!

I ordered the K-tec mild steel one just now aswell as new hangers. Ive got a mk2 so hoping it will be a straight swap.

Dont know why i ordered the mild steel one. MY exhaust history is:
36k first back box fell off.
40k mid section persished and rattled to pieces.
50k exhaust manifold replaced
50k cat replaced (was wrongly disgnosed, it was the manifold that was cracked)
75k second back box fell off
110k today 3rd backbox fell off.

renault really do make rubbish exhausts.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I have the mild steel, its fine but doesnt fit that well imo and isnt very loud (even though thats why I bought it)

Clio 172 cup
I was talking about the stainless steel Ktec stealth. The mild steel one is relatively new so I cant really comment.

Regarding it "poking out" under the rear bumper. I have a 172 cup and you can't see mine at all. If you have new hangers and make sure u adjust the sections correctly, you shouldn't have a problem. Unless there's a significant difference in bumper size on the Ph1, I don't know.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I was talking about the stainless steel Ktec stealth. The mild steel one is relatively new so I cant really comment.

Regarding it "poking out" under the rear bumper. I have a 172 cup and you can't see mine at all. If you have new hangers and make sure u adjust the sections correctly, you shouldn't have a problem. Unless there's a significant difference in bumper size on the Ph1, I don't know.

I'll post a pic up later. Using a jack I raised the exhaust up until it's touching the boot floor (ie no physical way for it to go any higher) and it still protudes. It maybe because of the different bumper design.

phase 1 172
cheers for the comms boys!

so how much are the hangers as well and how do you change them to the existing ones that come with the bumper?

sorry for the questions but have no idea when it comes to exhausts as its the first time i`ve had to change them!!!!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'll post a pic up later. Using a jack I raised the exhaust up until it's touching the boot floor (ie no physical way for it to go any higher) and it still protudes. It maybe because of the different bumper design.

SDC12475.gif

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'll be binning mine soon for a non-stealth. Most likely a prospeed, made quiet.

Storm Grey 200
I have a prospeed stealth. Its great.

You can see the backbox, but no tailpipe, due to the fact the ph1 bumper doesnt go down much

Storm Grey 200
Pro-speed is cardiff. But there might be good exhaust places round your way.

Its proper quiet. I'd say identical to the yoz