ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust/Cat Question

172 Cup
Hello all,

Right so i have a 172 and am having some light engine work very soon. One thing that is getting done is a 182 manifold. At the moment i am using a k-tech exhaust so do not want to change the whole system for a 182 system, so obviously i need a connecting pipe between the two.

The two main options are just a decat joining pipe and the other being the sports cat from k-tech. Due to wanting it legal i want to put a cat back in as i am not running one at the moment. But then here comes the problem, i do not want three boxes in my system. i am thinking i could take out the center box and just run the sports cat and rear box. has anyone run a ktech without the center box?

has anyone else got any other thoughts on what i could do?

Cheers

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
not sure how true it is, but i have heard about sports cat failing mot's through not meeting emissions requirements

just bear in mind i think most sports cats (and cats in general) need to be mighty warm to work efficiently

doesnt really answer your question :eek: but thought it was something to bear in mind when shelling out for a sports cat

172 Cup
cheers for the input. i have used sports cats on cars before and they can be a bit hit and miss but can usualy get them through