ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust fell off!

Subaru Forrester

My standard Renault exhaust fell off this morning on the way to Renault to be replced. It started blowing a couple of weeks so I took it in to be checked, they didnt have the part in so I took the car home and waited (actually 12 days as I was on holiday).

Driving back to the dealer this morning and it fell off!! Not the whole thing, just the back section with only the rubber mount holding it on to the car so it was dragging on the floor. Car is still under warranty but this is wear and tear apparently.

Anyone else still on a standard exhaust check yours out. Mine showed loads of rust around the break point.

My Cup exhaust fell apart after 6 months and approx 16K, the cat pipe just snapped!, Renault did it under warranty though. I would have been v miffed if not.

Lads if you accept it as wear and tear theyre going to keep trying to rip us off..a exhaust breaking that soon is pathetic.

-Rob

Subaru Forrester

It broke on the thin pipe connecting the last silencer section to what I guess is the centre section - does water build up here through short journeys?