ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust fitting help

BG DCI
Hi Guys,

Just a quick one about what people do when changing exhausts.

I need to fit my ktec stealth system but the original exhaust and gaskets are obviously 97,000 miles old.

Do you recommend:

A whole new gasket set?

or

Just using high temp silicon (saw this mentioned)

or

Both

or

Something different.

Also :

Should I fit as much of it together off the car then put it on or bit by bit?

Thanks alot

Liam.

172 Cup
Use all new gaskets/fitting kit where needed.

Also use some beefy exhaust clamps, standard cheap sh*tty U clamps won't do! Also for the rear mount do the socket trick or buy a prima racing one like I did!

Gonna take a lot of fiddling to sit right

BG DCI
Use all new gaskets/fitting kit where needed.

Also use some beefy exhaust clamps, standard cheap sh*tty U clamps won't do! Also for the rear mount do the socket trick or buy a prima racing one like I did!

Gonna take a lot of fiddling to sit right

What U clamps would you recommend?

Thanks

BG DCI
Wow!

So after a trip to my local Renault dealer my head is hurting about what I need to fit t stealth exhaust and de cat.

I believe it is:

- Poly bush from eBay to make rear mount.
- Centre exhaust hanger from Renault
- Gasket set for Manifold - Decat and Decat - centre section
- fitting kit for both also ( bolts, nuts, springs ect.)

Thought after 97,000 miles my old bolts and gaskets will need replacing...

This sound right to everyone or any further suggestions...

Thanks

Liam

172 Cup
You can buy a poly bush one (power flex make them) but both mine snapped with in a week.

My current set up is a Prima racing Group N mount for the rear, and Jetex stainless steel mikolar clamps instead of the s**t U clamps you get provided with. As for the fitting kit for the Decat just get it from Renault.

My exhaust seems to be behaving now for the past month, where as before it was a p*ssing night mare.

edit - the mikolar clamp sizes are the 65mm ones iirc