ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust gas warning came on then went off again 3 days later?

Hi all,I have just an aftermarket exhaust on my 182 which I imagine has nothing to do with this problem but why would this have happened do you think?

Before the light came on I had, had the car jacked up on one side checking for leaks around the cat, and did start the car why it was at that angle would this have caused this?

Why would this have caused this? Also the car was low on petrol before the light came on.

The light then stayed on for a few days before I put a fresh tank of fuel in, but at that time was still on but after a day went out on its own..

Was it just a coincidence that it came on after I had the car jacked up or is it related?

Could there be a bigger problem??

The car is nearly due its first mot so need to try and resolve this issue, car is booked in to Renault anyway but if you can answer some of these questions for just so they dont go "yeah its your ss exhaust"

Thanks
Rob.