ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust help

I got my cat back exhaust fitted, but I am trying to fit my decat but the to ends are the same (see pics) were as originally the cat slotted into the standard exhaust creating a air tight fit. Is there a way i can join the decat with the cat back exhaust without welding it. Cheers guys

DSC00605.gif

DSC00601.gif

Any links to what i need would be great

swear halfords do an exhaust bracket that should hold those 2 together but you might need some gum gum to stop it blowing

Black Gold 182 W/CupPacks
if i am not mistaken you only need a bit of exhaust paste and one of these
Renault-Clamp.jpg

fairly standard french type exhaust clamp

Yup, its on as standard but still a crap seal... you can buy an exhaust paste called gum gum, seal it with that and you shouldn't have any worries...

hence I suggested the use of exhaust paste, those type of clamps are not perfect and need a little help sealing, make sure u put a fair bit around the join then put the clamp on.

oh btw just a suggestion in case you dont know, make sure you let the paste harden before you rev the car a lot as u may blow out the soft paste and will have to do it all again :)

I've been told there is a clamp that i can use which is different to the standard one pictured above that would be better than gun gum stuff. Can anyone confirm this and does anyone have a link to this please

Last edited:
Can some one tell me which one of these i need please
2. Sleeve fitting and clamp
Advantages: low cost
Disadvantages: requires a straight tube run and sufficient clearance for installation
Tube size range: up to 3" (76mm) outside diameter
fittingoption2.png
3. Bolted flanges with flared tube and olive
Advantages: can accommodate slight differences in alignment
Disadvantages: space requirements
Tube size range: all
fittingoption3.png
4. Vee-band clamp with flare and olive
Advantages: compact and quick to assemble
Disadvantages: none
Tube size range: readily available for tube sizes up to 5" (127mm) outside diameter
fittingoption4.png
5. Butted tubes with wide clamp
Advantages: low cost
Disadvantages: requires a sufficient run of straight tube
Tube size range: up to 6" (150mm) outside diameter
fittingoption5.png