ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exhaust is coughing (172)

Clio 172
hey guys,
when running idle i noticed the exhaust is coughing every few seconds or so on my 172. any ideas? or is time to get a new exhaust?
cheers

Clio 172
yeh my eml came on in the wet a while ago, but hasn't done since. she doesn't sound like she's running smoothly and sometimes well jerky when changing gear from cold. help!

Vauxhall corsa x2
its very hard to say what it is. common stuff includes plugs, leads, coils, 02 sensor, but it could even be something more mechanical like a sticking valve. the last clio sport i did with a misfire, was just lack of fuel, lol.

Good new is if you eml has been on, it should have stored the fault. get it read, before you start replacing stuff. if you just get a quick clip test at renault it shouldn't be that dear. I/ other members can help translate the fault codes for you, with the help of dialogis and actis(renault.net).

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
mate hows the car going?? or is that a silly question??? what did you wanna find out about the car?