ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Issue!

Clio Sport 182
Hi All,

I'm having some trouble with my Ktec Slash cut exhaust. The passenger side rear square bracket was replaced at the weekend and now I'm finding myself putting the exhaust support back through the bracket after every trip (I hope that makes sense)!

Any tricks of the trade to keep these in?

Thanks

Clio Sport 182
Are you talking about one of the rear exhaust mounts?

Yeah the square brackets with the rubber cross. They're as far back as possible, yet the exhaust itself is still managing to manouvre itself out of the "X" and is sitting at the bottom of the bracket - argh!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Slacken the exhaust mount bracket off , and move it forward , towards to front of the car . It sounds like it's too far back if it keeps working it's way out of the rubber hanger .

Clio 172
I know exactly what you mean, got the same on mine will grab some pics to confirm its the same issue.

Its like the hanger on the rear box is to short, if it was longer like the standard one it would be fine.

Clio Sport 182
I know exactly what you mean, got the same on mine will grab some pics to confirm its the same issue.

Its like the hanger on the rear box is to short, if it was longer like the standard one it would be fine.

Yep, sounds just the same. I never had a problem with my RS192 on my old clio :(

Clio 172
anynu9y6.jpg
reqahuse.jpg

With and without, it's like the whole exhaust needs shifting forward?

Clio 172
Ah right, I think the issue is like I say whole thing needs shunting forward. but easyer on a set of ramps tbh, mines going in for some new arb bushes soon so shall get it looked at then.

All I can think for you is to use several ties and wrap around the mount its self to keep it in for now?

Clio 172
Had another go at sorting mine out this evening, given it a good set of cable ties so don't think it's going anywhere
aby8uvuh.jpg
u7eje5as.jpg