ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust kit , downpipe to cat

clio 172
Anyone ever changed the exhaust kit, from downpipe to the cat, had a look at doing it today as one of my springs have broke, but looks really hard to get too. Anyone got any tips on how to change this?

Clio 197
Anyone ever changed the exhaust kit, from downpipe to the cat, had a look at doing it today as one of my springs have broke, but looks really hard to get too. Anyone got any tips on how to change this?

Just get it nice and high on a trolley jack / axle stands and it will be no problem.

I had mine on rear ramps at the weekend and think i could have undone the downpipe to cat bolts , & thats jacked at the rear,

clio 172
Im going to try undoing the exhaust manifold and try push the downpipes down and along abit towards the back of car, see if that makes it easier, wish me luck lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You shouldnt need to do that, just get one person in the bay to get one the bolts, and then another person under the car with a long extension to undo the nuts (all 10mm IIRC)

clio 172
i was getting exhaust fumes in my car, when i went to investigate why, i noticed one of the downpipe bolts was whooring loose, jobs all done now tho thanks to D1CKY's help

Last edited: