ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Knocking - FIXED - Advice Inside

Ford S-Max 2.2 TDCI Ti
Just wanted to come here and post this as it seems that some people still have issues with knocking after fitting replacement mounts.

1) Replace the Upper left engine mount.

2) Pull the engine forward is a must on the upper left engine mount.

3) Replace the upper gearbox mount goes without saying.

4) Pull the gearbox forward on the upper gearbox mount and re-tighten. Should net you a good 3mm.

5) Make sure the upper gearbox mount bracket has not slipped back, mine had moved back a good 3mm as the bolts were not that tight.

6) Replace the front lower gearbox mount mine was very worn lots of movement. This reduced the knocking but did not eliminate it entirely.

7) Fit a Polybush dogbone large bush end upwards. I know its been said loads of times but there should be little vibration over stock.

I know this advice is littered through the forums although its difficult to pick up the good bits in one go.

Big thanks to Rob @ Renaultcentre for sorting out fast delivery on all the parts needed to fix this knocking issue.