ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exhaust knocking on subframe help

172 SPORT PH2
My exhaust , the cat that goes into the engine / manifold I dunno , its knocking when I give it some in 1st gear ... why is the exhaust catching on the subframe? Worn lower engine mounts ?? Help

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
my car made a noise for over a year didnt have a clue what it was, i thought it might be the exhaust so i took it to a exhaust place and all it was was the exhaust clamp hitting the subframe, just replaced it and re aligned it

172 SPORT PH2
Only does it when I pull in 1st gear , the exhaust bend going into the engine seems really tight , thought it cud be a mount ... ill try looking at both of what you guys think it could be , anyone got any other ideas if not ... sound is s thumping sound n its Def the exhaust banging on the subframe .. the cars just had over 1000 worth of damage to engine n I'm getting sick of this constant list of errors ... its repaired but I'm getting fed up of these clios now ...

Any more suggestions on noise

BMW E36 328i Sport
Cente Exhaust mount? Also when I had my car at the garage the mechanic said you need to try an have the engine pulled as far forward as you can when you tighten the blots for te engine mounts.

Golf GTD Mk7
it won't be an exhaust mount if it's knocking on the subframe. Most likely engine mount. Probably dogbone one.

172 SPORT PH2
Yea tried the pulling of the engine forward , will try again with a couple pulling it , also how would you know if there is too much flex in the dog bone ?? Is it visibly clear , ie worn , movable a lot ?