ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust knocking problem

Mazda MX5 1.8

ooook i have a little problem

i have fk coilovers and a ktec exhaust

now up until last weekend it was fine - however when driving into the camp site which we stayed at before trax i wolloped the exhaust on a hump which didnt do any damage to the exhaust as such but it did push the exhaust (quite hard) upwards

i have now cured the reason for hitting the hump (the exhaust bracket thread was sticking down and caught the hump) but now whenever i go over a reasonably sized bump i get a scrape/knock. i dont think its the exhaust as that is secure

any ideas what it could be?

Could be the exhaust hittint the bumper - signes to look for are clean spots on the bumper where the zhorts has hit is and taken off the dirt. Also could try holding the pipe and shaking it to see if there is too much play in it could be the rubber bush.

Mazda MX5 1.8

its fine on the bumper

it seems to be coming from around the front/middle of the exhaust rather than the backbox or anything at the back