ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust looking bad, not sure what to do!

Just came home from a drive and checked under the car after a friend said my exhaust didn't sound too good, and this is what I see.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374006614.940884.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374006629.006100.jpg

It's the connection before the backbox.
Guessing I should just get a new exhaust not just a backbox? :s

Fiesta ST2 MP215
or cut the section out and fit a piece of pipe in with two clamps

You'll be chasing that forever and some anal Mot's will question it if's blowing slightly, just go for a new cat back, yes it's £400 tops but they normally come with a lifetime warranty for first owner, also it shouldn't have 2 sections already if it's standard they are always one piece out of the factory, brackets holding it just do not last, hence why I have a scorpion now.

The one I was looking at before wasn't too bad of a price, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-CLIO-MK2-MK3-STAINLESS-STEEL-EXHAUST-SYSTEMS-/220329801767
My friend suggested using some gungum stuff to just plug the hole that it's blowing from, which just seems like a temporary fix to me but he's adamant that it will be fine.
I'm looking to sell or px the car later in the year or just after christmas so I can get a 1*2, just want it in decent working order since other than this issue (and needing a door respray) the car is spotless with only 43k on the clock; which for a 1999 plate is crazy!