ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust manifold and Cambelt change advice

Clio 182
Hi guys, I'm going to change the cambelt on my 182 soon, haven't gotten everything sorted yet but well on my way, but I was thinking about changing the exhaust manifold too as its been on there since day one and is probably a good idea to swap it out. I know you need to drop the sub-frame to change it so was thinking it might be easier to change both at the same time as it may make doing the cambelt/dephaser, etc that much easier.

Also, while on the topic, should I look to install a stainless steel manifold or is the standard part good enough? And is it advisable to change the Cat at the same time as the manifold?

Thanks

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Standard is made from stainless anyway mate.

Do not replace the manifold unless it's fooked.

Clio 182
Well, one of the reasons is that some of the fixings for the cat are rusted soild to the manifold. No holes or cracks but figured it was only a matter of time and since the cambelt is needing a change, I just thought it would be simpler to get it all sorted at once. If not then fair enough =)

dan's cast offs.
can't bend metal without thinking about it though:wink: not sure if the whole they don't fit thing is because one person said so whenever and it was taken as gospel truth?