ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exhaust manifold

Now then,

not entirely clio related, but stick with me. a friend of mine has asked me to replace the exhaust manifold on her w reg corsa (she says it's a 1.2, when i got a vauxhall parts department to check off her reg, he said it was a 1ltr, anyway) being a good boy i thought i'd get the haynes for the car out of the library. it says in there to change it, i've got to drain the coolant. so my question is:

Is that b****cks? and one of those unecessary things they sometimes put in?

Now, obviously the engines aren't the same by any means, but i had a look in the haynes for my clio and it doesn't say to do it for that engine, or my dads 2ltr vauxhall lump.

not having the benefit of seeing the car i'm going in a bit blind with it. any ideas anyone?

cheers

Rich

Clio 172 Mk2
maybe prospeed in cardiff could do you one. Sure they'd be able to fit one anyway if you bought it from somewhere online like ktec

its not getting the part or fitting it thats any trouble to me, can do that piss, its just the haynes saying i've got to drain the coolant 1st before i take the exhaust manifold off, doesn't make any sense to me, never done it on any other car i've worked on

Clio 172 Mk2
no that does seem really odd that does mate, i've had manifolds changed on a couple of cars and never known them to have to done that

there's other odd things mentioned, well odd when u 1st read it, like taking out the dipstick or oil filler cap. obviously these get in the way of removing som heat shields etc, but draining the coolant? coolant shouldn't be flowing any where near the manifold, or at least, not like its gonna piss out everywhere when you take it off. madness. its like saying empty your boot and take out the spare wheel before changing your spark plugs!

if anyone's got any experience with vauxhall lumps, help!

del

2004 Clio Cup 172
not hundred percent sure mate last time i did 1 of those was 2yrs ago but i think its got something to do with the egr valves because their immersed in coolant!

bloody hell. well, looks like it'll have to be done. had a good read of it in the haynes, its got about 3 'simply' bits, which then refer you to a different section. itslike bloody 3 jobs in one this! i hope she appreciates it!

Lionel Richie
on the 1.2 16V clio oil pisses out when you undo the manifold

wouldn't surprise me if you have to drain somthing