ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Manifold

Titanium 182
I was driving home from work today and my exhaust seemed really loud when accelerating.

I've just had a look under the car and everything looked fine no blowing when just ticking over.

Had a look near the cat/manifold and saw this [emoji21]

2a3300981452df7c86ac91251f11dbc7.jpg

I take it I'll need a new manifold and gasket kit? Any idea how much these cost?

Renault Clio 182 BG
That would solve the problem yes dependant on how corroded the the joint is, to me looks like if you put a new fitting kit on it might just break away

Titanium 182
That would solve the problem yes dependant on how corroded the the joint is, to me looks like if you put a new fitting kit on it might just break away

The part where the fitting kit would go on the manifold looks ok despite the rust, it's the gap in the middle that worries me. Will a new manifold cost me a lot?

172 Ph1
It should be ok - what you got to loose .
Try the cheaper option first , if it doesn't work , then get a second hand manifold.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439418291.723035.jpg

172 Ph1
Unfortunately yes it is costly to fit . Either engine out or subframe down and off.

I too have the 182 manifold and decat to fit . It's on my to do list lol .

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Mechanic did it,but he said a nightmare as big hands no space,but deffo drives better but stinks of fuel

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Isn't it a pain in the **** to do on a 172?
Nah, takes about 2 hours diy.

The worst part is the Bolts, there is virtually no space but if you use the right socket extensions or a flexable extension its fine.

Just finished putting mine on, just waiting for silicone to dry then will tighten it all up.