ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust noise...or so i thought!!

Drove over a little bump in the road the other day, and there was a slight noise from under the car (not the bottom of the car hitting the road), ever since then there has been a loud noise coming from under the car when accelerating. It sounds like the exhaust has a hole in it, it is very loud. Seems to be okay under very light accelerating, and above 5000 revs with heavy accelerating.

I took it to kwik fit today next to where i work becuase Renault cant look at it until next tuesday.I told them to have a look at it and let me know what the problem was. They have had it all morning and said that there is nothing wrong with the exhaust so I should take it to Renault. Any ideas what this could be? Could it be the 4k rattle people talk about? If so is this fixable under warranty?

On the plus side Kwik Fit fitted to Toyos I got from mytres.net for £15 cash......bargain!!

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

talking from my experience of the 4k rattle is when your letting off the throtle. And this is a constant rattle through the 4000 rev band.

If it is the 4k rattle its normally the middle section (under front seats) and some people seem to of got it sorted under warrenty.

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

have you checked the plastic trim under the engine bay. might be slightly loose and vibrating when accelerating

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the middle sections often vibrate internally if its not that then possibly an engine mount

E36 323i coupe

Quote: Originally posted by norfolkminis on 20 November 2003
have you checked the plastic trim under the engine bay. might be slightly loose and vibrating when accelerating

Quite possibly this... mine fell off after ownership of the car for three days (just)... made an awful noise!

Ive not had a chance to look under the car in the light yet, Ill have a look at the weekend to see if I can find anything. Got it booked in on Tuesday with Renault so hopefully they will sort it then.

Thanks for the ideas guys.....:D:D