ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust problems!!

I dont think this problem is too common, but on my 1.4 RT clio mk1, ive got a Powerflow cat back system, it sounds ok ticking over but when you drive it, its just too loud and it sort of humms irritatingly in your ears. Dont get me wrong i like a loud exhaust but this is just annoying now 6 mths down the line. Ive got K&N but its not fitted as yet, is it worth putting that on?? Or how can i reduce the sound, the boots full of underlay (and that made no difference)Is it the case for a new back box even?
cheers

ive got a powerflow on my valver which is also quite loud but i got induction kit and de-cat which both contribute to making it louder! if it is de-catted put it back on but the k&n will make it louder again! did you tell them what you wanted when you bought it as they can tailor the sound to how you want it! only other option is take it back and see if they can tone it down for you!

I said to the c***s, i wanted a scorpion back box, but they didnt order it so i told them to make it sound like scorps, and they did a cracking job!! not