ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust rattle at 2500k every gear

2005 RB FF182
Bought a brand new scorpion exhaust and decat. It's been fitted for around two months now. every time I hit exactly 2500 rpm I hear a slight rattle. If u just sit and rev the car you cant hear it. The exhaust is clear of all heat shields axle etc. No clamps are loose. Even fitted a new genuine cat fitting kit and gasket. Still no luck. Can any help or suggest anything. Thanks :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Could be loose baffle/weld in the centre section??

I've had the the metal lambda sheath touching the centre section that can give the same symptoms.

clio sport 1.2 16v
i have this problem at 2500km its like a sqeeky rattle noise and doesnt sound healthfully iv had it for over a year!

Is this a trait of the RS192 lol? Mine is similar! Managed to sort the terrible cat/centre join last weekend but the rattle is still there :rasp:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Seriously wouldnt surprise me if it doesnt have a bad weld on the baffle or something. Had a centre section fail on a Magnex with the same issue

2005 RB FF182
thanks for your comments. firstly i got the mounts from andrew pages ti max ones i think not cheap ebay stuff.

the exhaust is not the RS192 its the SCN019, the clamps are all secure and so is the sensor cable.

has anyone email scorpions about this rattle. iv had the exhaust off and theres nothing loose inside

Clio 182 FF cup'd
I had a rattle for ages, always happened when i got to 2800k.. Found it was the engine cover vibrating! The screws were tight too... When i fitted a decat, the exhaust clamp would vibrate on the heat shield..

Clio 182 FF cup'd
in that case i don really know what it could be :dapprove: Have you considered the Dog bone mount could be worn and the engine moving is pushing the manifold against the heat sheild? On that note "IM OUT" :rasp:

Clio Rs ph1/182 cup
my exhaust is stainless steel and does the same thing ...........but it's a straight pipe with a silencer at the end.......

2005 RB FF182
in that case i don really know what it could be :dapprove: Have you considered the Dog bone mount could be worn and the engine moving is pushing the manifold against the heat sheild? On that note "IM OUT" :rasp:

I was thinking that might have to get one and try it.

172 cup, Impreza P1
It will be the exhaust frequency that is vibrating the heatsheild not the contact with the exhaust itself. That's why it only does it at that particular rev.