ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust rattle/buzz.....

It was my turn to take the car into Renault today and have the problem checked out. They just called (even though I wanted an answer at lunchtime!) and said it was a problem with the mid section of the exhaust. Theyve ordered the part and now Im waiting for it to arrive and have it fitted.

We know that this is a very common problem with the 172. A question to anyone who had this problem and subsequently had it rectified on their car - has the rattle/buzz ever returned?

I had the same fault fixed with mine last week, and the FIRST time I pulled away the noise occured, although since then Ive been driving my 106 GTI so havent noticed it, or actually even give a sh1t as its up for sale and I cant be bothered wasting anymore time down at Renaults, its been with them more than me.

Ihad this prb fixed on my car a few weeks back and it removed several rattles/buzzes. So far none have recurred.

Ive just bought a Mk1 172 and it appears the same problem is there in my car. i have no audible rattle in the cabin but indoor car parks etc show it up when youve got your windows down. I was told that its the baffle inside the mid silencer coming loose and ratting around inside the box. How much has this cost anyone to replace?

I also have a really annoying squeek coming from the front passenger seat and the front suspension creaks when i go over speed bumps.... I fear much time at Renault service dept. is required?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

just a though but couldnt you get renault to foot some of the bill ? cause it does seem like a common fault.. unless its under warrenty ofcourse in which case never mind..

I had the centre exhaust box replaced, cost on the invoice was 275 pounds, but they gave me 80% off because the car had only done 15,000 miles at the time. Its now done 17,700 miles and there is no sign of the rattle yet.