ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exhaust rattleing?

golf
sometimes the exhaust rattles on start up but then goes away?

i think its tapping in the heat shield?

seems to be when the cars warmer it doesnt happen

anyone had any similar problems?

cheers

Ultra Red Clio 197
I've had a rattle for the past few days and wondered what it was! It was only on start up. Sometimes it sounded like it was the exhaust and other days like it was coming from under the bonnet..

Anyway, today I had the bonnet open, and realised my engine cover was missing!!! WTF! where did it go? Its only the small one on 1.2's.. did someone steal it? but how would they I thought. It was only when I looked down by the fan I noticed it sitting there. It had fallen off and that was what was causing the rattle.. Tested by starting the car and the rattle that was there 5mins previously had gone! Its prob not the same in your case, but just thought I'd tell you anyway! Im just happy it didnt get caught in the cam belt!

Hope you get your rattle sorted out soon.. Clios, or even Renaults in general are full of them! lol...

golf
jesus! il have alook now and see, guna jack the car up and run the car, see if i can see anything.

cheers for the advise

Ultra Red Clio 197
Its prob not the same problem! im just glad that thats all mine was and that it wasnt an expensive trip to get something fixed! lol

Hope you get it sorted out!

golf
ok found the pronlem, the nut on the heat shield had fallen off! duno how im going to fix it :/ might put some superglue to hold it in place to stop the rattle for now