ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Recommendations 182

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Just been informed (and in fairness it was expected) that my exhaust is not going to pass the MOT next month. So I'm after something stainless, cat back, and the same noise level as the standard one... what do you guys recommend?

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
I see your point, but in all the threads I found when I searched people were looking for a different noise level to the standard. As I don't want louder I was wondering if people would suggest something different.

a thirsty one
miltek seem to have a good rep for a close to std noise (or at least not classed as one of the louder systems) most of the ss aftermarket sysems are all a little louder than std though.

Sprint 172
If you have a little more money to spend and want one of the best, there will be 5 BTB systems available in 10 days time. Not sure how noisy it is compared to standard though.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
If you want a standardish noise, go for a Ktec Ultra slienced system - not much louder on the mway etc, but a nice rasp when botting it.

If you have a little more money to spend and want one of the best, there will be 5 BTB systems available in 10 days time. Not sure how noisy it is compared to standard though.

Dont buy a BTB unless you are hard of hearing. Sound nice, but are bloody loud lol.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Only acceptable one i've ever heard is my Magnex, know someone who's just had the k-tec janspeed silenced one, but they sent me a text saying it "sounds nice" so to mean that means louder than standard.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Dare i say the RS192, not too loud pootling about town, nice but not deafening on the motorway...

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Ive just upgraded mine and put a janspeed on it. Isnt much louder than standard but sounds mint at higher revs and on idle. :D

Sam!

Renault Sport Clio 182
ive got a yozza, its allright, not the best system ive heard, its a little louder on idle but a very deep noise, its obliviously louder accelerating depending on how your driving, then if your cruiseing in any gear its settles down to silent once your at the desired speed, whether its any speed even 90mph as long as your cruiseing all (i can hear anyway) is road noise, its only when i press the accel pedal it get louder.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Thanks for all the suggestions :)

Not sure about the Milltek having heard dodgy things about build quality... was thinking Yozza but suspect getting one in time is going to be a problem. In all, I still have no idea what I want, lol.

The Milltek I had fitted to my old 182 was fine and it looked a lot better after a year spent fitted to the car than what the Blueflame system it replaced did.

a thirsty one
i have heard a few cars with the rs192 are decatted they are very loud, i know your looking at keeping yours but a decatted rs192 is louder than a decatted btb

Abarth 500 Esseesse
+1 RS192. Mine's decatted and it's not overly loud at all. I've had the cat on before aswell to compare and although it idles pretty much the same as when decatted, once moving it's a lot quieter.

Pretty much as close to standard as I've heard anyway.

RB 182 cup
ive had the janspeed/ktech with no centre silencer for a few months now and i really like it. not loud at all really but a good rasp when booting it. can only imagine the silenced one to be a little more quieter