ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Recommendations

BMW M3
Hi there,

Just wondering if anybody have any suggestions for an aftermarket exhaust for a 182

Really only looking for the rear section and keep the cta etc..

What i'm after is something the same size or slightly bigger with the rolled edges like the standard but gives out a meater note when cruising... not really wanting huge noise. Basiclly not the boomy nature of the original.

Thanks

Jus

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Blunty...you got any other pics? I'm 90% sure i'm getting a blueflame for my 182...you got any pics from standing height? Do the silencers show as much as they look like in that pic?
John

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
do you have a powerflow near, the`re pretty good, they ask you how you want it 2 sound and what style end pipes you want. I`d guess at £250 mark but they`d probably do a cat bat system for £30 more

Mondeo STTDCI
Yozzasport or Prospeed.

The two best designs ive seen thus far.

Off the shelf value for money - blueflame.

BMW 5 Series
Blueflame are top notch exhausts as far as im concerned.
Dubai 182, you cant see the back boxes at all, it must just be that angle and the two stainless "pipes" look wicked as they are a large bore, cant get enough of ours.

Thanks MM

BMW M3
Thanks for all your responces,

I think i'm quite picky in my requirements. Basically want it quiet (or less boomy) at m/way speed until you put your foot down where it sounds quite meaty and also a little growl at town speed but nothing 'chav-ish'

I like yours Blunty but strangley would ideally like to keep the same look with the rolled edges and not have it that much bigger.

Are they easy to fit yourself from the cat- back or is there welding required?

Thanks

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Blunty,
Thanks for the pics,looks great from normal angles. How loud is it? I already have a decat and have a throaty note as standard. I do a fair chunk of motorway miles...am i going to deafen myself with a blueflame?
John

Justin182 said:
Thanks for all your responces,

I think i'm quite picky in my requirements. Basically want it quiet (or less boomy) at m/way speed until you put your foot down where it sounds quite meaty and also a little growl at town speed but nothing 'chav-ish'

I like yours Blunty but strangley would ideally like to keep the same look with the rolled edges and not have it that much bigger.

Are they easy to fit yourself from the cat- back or is there welding required?

Thanks

The Janspeed system would suit your requirements best!

JANSPEEDXXX.jpg

trophy4.jpg

7MAT

williams and trophy
FredYozzasport said:
the "others" i know of have been proven, but it envolves corners ;)

iv not seen any of em on track.or the road for that matter.....where have they been proven??........x box/ps2 doesnt count ;)

BMW M3
7MAT said:
The Janspeed system would suit your requirements best!

Thanks mate,

So its not too loud then, but equally gives a nice note? I like the look of that especialy as its slanted but still rolled at the edges.

Where would be the best place the get one at a good price and i take it you have to have it fiited proffesionally?

Thanks

BMW M3
Oh, and would it be better just to keep the standard cat and just put the janspeed end on? Or what difference would the cat make sound wise?

Lionel Richie
2 live said:
iv not seen any of em on track.or the road for that matter.....where have they been proven??........x box/ps2 doesnt count ;)

you haven't seen Yozza's car on track??? you must be the only one!

Justin182 said:
Oh, and would it be better just to keep the standard cat and just put the janspeed end on? Or what difference would the cat make sound wise?

The picture of the exhaust above (in my previous post) shows the rear box and silenced centre pipe, I've also got Janspeed's sports cats fitted with mine.

Janspeed exhaust being stainless steel comes with a lifetime guarantee! It is also 8kgs lighter than the original exhaust system.

Because the Janspeed is a 2.25" bore it does not suffer from cabin drone / booming on motorway journeys - this was important to me as I commute to work on the M25. It is also not a 'look at me' type loud exhaust, but does produce a much nicer deeper tone.

I purchased mine from www.motorsportworld.co.uk for £314.99, the sports cats are £269.99. Delivery took a week but was shipped direct from Janspeed.

I also looked at the blueflame as it represents great value, but was not totally won over by the pipe design and the fact that you can see both rear silencers from the back of the car.

Hayward & Scott are also very nice, just didn't fancy the journey and the hanging about while it was made up and fitted.

7MAT

182 Full Fat
7MAT said:
Hayward & Scott are also very nice, just didn't fancy the journey and the hanging about while it was made up and fitted.

7MAT

Luckily for me I bought Dave's off him, so was all fitted in 50mins! :eek:

He paid £450 for the new system, mine is 2.5" bore, but still has standard CAT on the car, so although is louder, its not excessive! Will get a few pics of mine up later! :approve:

clio 200 F4Rt
BTB is coming soon, and if its anything like the system they just did for the Fiesta ST, then its gonna be worth the wait, and cost!!!

182 Full Fat
Quick pic I took of my H&S exhausts a moment ago with my Nokia!!!:D

Attachments

• 20032006417.jpg
    20032006417.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 39
  Seat Leon Cupra 290
do blueflame make a 172 exhaust, couldnt seem to see any on there, or is it a case of ringing them, in any case, are they any good on the 172, pics?

BMW M3
Thanks 7MAT. I think the janspeed is probably the one i'd go for as my requirements are the same as yours.

Think i will have to wait a little bit for finances to brighten up though lol.... how much roughly are the fitting costs?

Justin182 said:
Thanks 7MAT. I think the janspeed is probably the one i'd go for as my requirements are the same as yours.

Think i will have to wait a little bit for finances to brighten up though lol.... how much roughly are the fitting costs?

My local exhaust & tyre fitter did it for me, I paid £35 inc vat. as they have to cut the original exhaust off as its made in one piece and can't be removed because of the rear axel.

ant

yep.
Richisbradders said:
do blueflame make a 172 exhaust, couldnt seem to see any on there, or is it a case of ringing them, in any case, are they any good on the 172, pics?

yup, awesome - got one on mine.

twin slashcut ovals, i only have this crappy pic tho.

Attachments

• bf2.jpg
    bf2.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 20

ant

yep.
found a better one

bf3.gif

i've fitted a new bush in the rear hanger so its tilted it slightly as its a bit higher now. not got round to sorting it as yet!

williams and trophy
FredYozzasport said:
you haven't seen Yozza's car on track??? you must be the only one!

only seen it once.....an it blew up lol

iv heard it was that fast it developed serious feelings for the tyre wall/armco at the 1st corner of oulton tho....;)

been behind it on road...until i got bored and passed him ;) lol