ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust rubber mounts for 172 mk2

MCS R56
You can tweek them yourself to give them less movement. I got new ones and still found them to be loose, so I cut some stiff hose pipe into small lengths and stuffed them into the spaces around the rubber. Works a treat!

Sorry i forgot to mention i have got a custom exhaust from exhausts UK.

Good idea about the hose pipe.

I was just going to use a zip tie but i thought this may cause some damage as there would be no play at all then?

Last edited:
  197 f1
i cut out the cross on mine and fitted a ford 1 into the mount works fine been their 2 years and never budged

RenaultSport clio 172 ph1
i purchased a k-tec exhaust at the show on Sunday

got a rubber mounting block from them for £19 - supposed to work a treat..... we'll see

Lots of Alfas
Have you got a standard exhaust? If you uprate the renault mounts it will soon fall apart, the renault ones allow for movement for a reason. Also dont upgrade the rear one alone, do the middle at the same time. The rear mount relies on the middle one to be just as strong, if the middle is worn and you put a new rear on it will cause more stress on its weak spot.

Rear mount: 7700424339 17.35 plus vat
Middle mount: 7700424341 6.50 plus vat.