ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Silencer

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Thinking about fitting a silencer to my exhaust as it drones at around 60 - 70 which is starting to get annoying tbh.

I'm under the impression that if you remove the cat then it's ideal to have a silencer in the same place?

A mate of mine has a supersprint on his 106 which is pretty much a similar design to my exhaust except he has a silencer fitted and it's slightly smaller (2" whereas mine is 2.167"). If the diameter of his silencer is say 80mm, would I be right in calculating mine to be a percentage bigger in relation to my exhaust being bigger? i.e. 2.167" / 2" = 1.0835 therefore the silencer should be 80mm x 1.0835 = 86.68mm?

Hope this makes sense :S I'm thinking I'd probably leave it as a similar length to his too. I know you can fit different sizes for different results etc but I'm thinking if I use the above method it should work quite nicely?

Any input appreciated lol.