ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust sounds "throatier" on long trips?

I have a stainless exhaust from cat back with no middle section. Exhaust is pretty loud to begin with but I've noticed today and on a different occasion (2-3hour trips) that the sound dramatically increases on the trip back, sounds a lot throatier/Meaner with quite a lot of popping. Not pops and bangs remap pops but a more of a crackling sound.

is it something to do with driving for so long or what??
Just come back from a long trip now. The other time the sound worn off and went back to the original sound after a couple of days. It don't seem to be permanent.

Theres one other thing aswell. On both occasions on the way back the only petrol stations I can seem to find are shell ones. Fill it up good from almost empty and it begins from there? Not the V power stuff either I'm only running a 1.4

anyone else notice such things or am I just losing it from sitting in the car for too long.

edit: I never ever use shell. Just sainsburys or tesco juice.

renault clio 1.4 16v
my exhausts tone seems to change slightly depending on temperature, however im sure losing it from sitting in the car too long is also a viable answer :p

Clio RS 200 Gordini
The noise is produced somewhat from heat so the hotter the exhaust the better or more different it will sound.