ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust whistle

VW Potato

at about 6k rpm, my exhaust whistles real loud - its not a rasp, it is a definite whistle. I like it. I hope this is not the 4k exhaust rattle/loose baffle that Ive read about? Whaddya think troops?

g

only whistle on mine is the sodding stainless steel air filter, makes people want to race cos it sort of sounds like a turbo :confused:

Bambam, what model Clio have you and what brand is your stainless filter, is it the S-Spec? Do you get that throaty roar if you floor it in first?

Had reno look at mine for the same thing. They had no idea, so I said could they take out the 2 Cups on the forecourt to see if they did it. They did, so they said it was a normal characteristic of the engine.

Its not actually the engine or the exhaust.

The whistle noise is apparently the injection system they use on the 172/Cups.

Most new 1.4 16v & 1.6 16v Renaults whistle for the same reason but not as loud as the 172/Cups (According to my dealers mechanic they have quite a phew come back with the same question)

VW Potato

hmmm...a whistle from the injection system? about two weeks ago, I had my parcel shelf out and my back seats folded....and that whistle at 6k is absolutely coming from the exhaust, IMHO. I listen again the next time the rear seats are flipped.

g