ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust with standard noise levels.

Clio 182
The power flow system my car came with is just to noisey and boomy for my tastes I'm wanting an exhaust that is as close to the standard cars as possible but there seems to be a whole range of different options out there and I've no idea which will be best.

phase 1 flamer 172
I see you have a 182 and I have a 172 and I have no idea if they do a similar version for yours but I bought the k-tec stainless super quiet system and its everything I was looking for soundwise.

• Scorpion RS192 (not to be confused with the old Scorpion SRN019 or the new SRN019 [it should really be named the SRN019 mk2 or something])
  • Ktec Sport ("sport" = centre silencer, "super sport" version = no centre silencer)
  • Miltek (with optional centre silencer, obviously)

Or have one custom made at an exhaust place and ask for it to be made with the quietest most premium silencers they can get their hands on. But you have no idea what it's like until you're several hundred £ lighter.

Of those the Miltek and Ktec offer a deeper noise and the Scorpion RS192 more raspy. Plenty of vids to be found on youtube for the type of noise. Plenty of opinions to be found on here. Best advice to make sure you're well and truly happy is to try and get a ride in a friends car or maybe a club member's at a local meet. Otherwise you'll just get one guy who also has a 320d thinking exhaust X is the noisiest thing on the planet and another member who likes to attend "cruises" saying exhaust X is really quiet even with a pops & bangs map & decat.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I went to Pro-speed in Cardiff. They did me a 182 exhaust which sounds awesome when booting it, but also isn't too bad during normal general pootling about. I asked for mid-sport (you can hear a representation of sounds on their website so least you have an idea)

Listerine & Poledo
Why not just get a generic pattern part? If you want to keep OEM-levels of noise.

Everyone says the exhausts from Renault fall apart within 5 minutes (they are wildly exagerating, but it helps them justify a chavcan in their own mind), but if a pattern one is a decent low price, does it matter if it gives out after 4 years? Still be cheaper to have 2 pattern parts than 1 "performance" part

How long are you, realistically, going to hold onto the car for? If its anything less than "forever", pattern part FTW

Clio 182
Why not just get a generic pattern part? If you want to keep OEM-levels of noise.

Everyone says the exhausts from Renault fall apart within 5 minutes (they are wildly exagerating, but it helps them justify a chavcan in their own mind), but if a pattern one is a decent low price, does it matter if it gives out after 4 years? Still be cheaper to have 2 pattern parts than 1 "performance" part

How long are you, realistically, going to hold onto the car for? If its anything less than "forever", pattern part FTW

I'd happily get the standard exhaust but I've heard horror stories of them being £800 if I could get one that lasted two years it'd be fine.

Clio 182
Sorry if I sound like a total moron here but I don't have a clue where to look, who are Renault suppliers? And by euro do you mean euro car parts? They don't list any exhaust parts for my 182.

Renault Clio 172 cup
On e bay there are places that do the centre pipe and the end can for about 50 quid each, not stainless or anything , but they fit ( my whole cat back is pattern off of e bay ), they are quiet, and they are cheap. They usually come with a 2 year warranty as well.

Clio 182
On e bay there are places that do the centre pipe and the end can for about 50 quid each, not stainless or anything , but they fit ( my whole cat back is pattern off of e bay ), they are quiet, and they are cheap. They usually come with a 2 year warranty as well.

I have a 182 so I think this makes it a lot more expensive.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Ah yes sorry.
It's 600 for back box and 170 for front.

wow that's mental.

eBay is your best friend

clio 172, mondeo td
There's no way I'd buy a standard renault backbox for £600, get a stainless steel job and wake your neighbours up lol

Clio 182
Back to square one then! And early post suggested the scorpions are quiet and a later post said it loud this is impossible!