ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhausts on your mk1's

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
will be getting my mk1 in the coming weeks, (1.4 RT) and just wondering what exhaust to go for, dont want anything stupid loud, just one which gives a nice purr when revving lol.

what do you all have on your's, quite like the look of a 3-4" single box, polished lip?

post the pic of it, and the model please :D

thanks alot.

sam

mk1 phase 3
heres mine from k-tec. its rather loud but there is a removable baffle in the tailpipe. i think it looks gay with it in so never have it in!

bit big for most people lol

Backnoplate.gif

MK1 Clio 16v
My K-TEC Racing exhaust. Sounds quite loud and raspy without any silencers and a de-cat pipe, but sounds really nice and smooth with silencers. I love it :)

SUC30034.JPG

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
looks smart that fella, im at work at the moment but will post pics of what im lookg for.... just need to know a good make/model to get.

any more?

Punto/Clio GTT
Piper 3.5" inward rolled. really deep sounding exhaust, surprisingly not loud on motorways at all, highly recommend it

car1.gif

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
scott and maxim, that is the sort of thing im after... look very nice.

you got anymore info on your system scott, is it full stanless, decat?

and if you dont mind me asking... how much did you pay? :)

cheers

Beetle
It's a stainless cat back system, was already on when i bought it so i'm not sure how much it was, all i know is it sounds great, nice deep burble at low revs and it roars like a beast upwards of 4000rpm:evil:

340i
ok then magnex are full stainless steel cat back systems.... you can add your of de-cat pipe to them if you wish, you can pick a system up off ebay for a fairly decent price depending on condition, new a full system retails around £300ish they give a nice deep tone, and sound awesome when you boot it :D

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
looks like a very nice system that fellas, on a scale of 1-10, what would you say it was from standard to loud lol....

cheers.

Beetle
SamboRT said:
looks like a very nice system that fellas, on a scale of 1-10, what would you say it was from standard to loud lol....

cheers.
not sure how quite standard is, i'd say it's about an 8/10 lol, got an ik on it too.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Scott-16v! said:
not sure how quite standard is, i'd say it's about an 8/10 lol, got an ik on it too.

ahhhh schweet, i could do with hearing one in real life, really want to go to fcs, but aint sure if i will have the car by then! :(

hmm.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
its a magnex s/s mate, im not sure on the tail pipe diameter as it was on the car when i bought it, but tbh i like it, its a fairly small pipe, not much bigger than the std one actually. i will measure it if you so wish, or maybe even dig out the part no for it as i have the recipet somewhere, but w.r to exhausts imo less is more.

Beetle
i've got a short vid of mine, i'll try uploading it to photobucket see if it still works

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
well its not particuarly quiet but i wouldnt say that it was that loud either, depends on what your used to. my friend has a ktec loud decat zorst on his valver and tbh armegaeddon will seem quiet compared to that.
if u want to have a custom exhasut made and have the "loudnest" tailored i would go to power flow.
also do you just want a backbox or full system or full decat? as a non-silenced decat is what makes the biggest diff imo, which is why i bought a silenced decat for mine, which im yet to fit.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Scott-16v! said:
i've got a short vid of mine, i'll try uploading it to photobucket see if it still works
cool ,that would be great if you could mate, much appreciated :)

jamie, i would most likley be after a full system, dont want it sounding "chavvy" but looking and sounding mint. :evil:

the magnex look ace!

anyone have powerflow? :cool:

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
at home now, sounds mint i think, not too loud :)

a nice choice, was it a cold day? lots of white smoke from that zaust lol

Here is mine, 3" magnex system with Decat

01010036.JPG

Its not overly loud, and it doesnt sit straight and it bangs on the heat shield when warm.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
looks smart though, thats what counts ;)

lol @ scott.

why do some bumper have a little groove where the exhaust sits and others dont, was it only on valvers?

Beetle
SamboRT said:
why do some bumper have a little groove where the exhaust sits and others dont, was it only on valvers?
just valvers and williams i think. the whole bumper is different:)

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Scott-16v! said:
just valvers and williams i think. the whole bumper is different:)

ahhh schweet, looks like i will have to be getting myself a valver/williams rear bumper, front bumper, and wings... wahooo

Beetle
i'm not sure if the rear bumper will fit mate because of it being wider, unless you modify the brackets for it :)

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
lol cool, so rsi bumpers should fit right :) not wider than an rt are they?

Renault Clio 1.8 16v
I've got a powerflow on mine. The car had a custom full system on it when i bought it but the backbox was low and hit the speed bumps. I'll post a video at some point today. Mine is loud though, also loud at points on motorway..