ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[Exhausts] prospeed VS K-tec

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I cant decide what exhaust to go for, i'm also going to be decating at the same time.

I like both the Prospeed flush fit and also K-tec's version of the 182 twin exit.

which one would you ?

clio2.bmp

clio3.jpg

:quiet: :quiet: :quiet:

i would do the single exit option.

I've previously had a K-Tec exhaust, and now have a Pro-Speed the same as the one above...

my experience of the K-Tec was very good, it fitted perfect and the quality was good. There have been problems with fitting though, so if possible let David fit the K-tec one himself.

If i was choosing again i would go with Pro-Speed all day long, purely because of the fact that they're custom made on the car... so gauranteed to fit and you can choose exactly how it looks, none of the "off the shelf" exhausts that k-Tec sell.

Thats my 2p's worth after experiencing both K-Tec and Pro-Speed exhausts :)

thanks for that Fubar - i have spoken to k-tec and i would be going down there and they will be fitting it, also comes with a no hassle lifetime warenty.

any issues with quality on the two ? as like i say, K-tec would be fitting it there and then.

cheers :)

Matta_88 said:
Prospeed :D
182 one looks pony lol

Would love a prospeed exhaust but they are miles away!! :(

i travelled over 300 miles to Pro-Speed, worth every penny..... :)

K-Tec are located 4 miles from my house....

Kinsella said:
thanks for that Fubar - i have spoken to k-tec and i would be going down there and they will be fitting it, also comes with a no hassle lifetime warenty.

any issues with quality on the two ? as like i say, K-tec would be fitting it there and then.

cheers :)

if K-Tec are fitting it then you should be fine. Most issues have been with poorly fitted exhausts by local garages.

The baffles in my k-tec broke after 2 years (nothing unusual in any exhaust), however David replaced it FOC under warranty, even though it was purchased by the previous owner of my car. Top service from the K-Tec guys :)

Had the prospeed for nearly a year and its 100% as it was the day Charlie fitted it... so very good service there too! :)

Mazda MX5 1.8
ive found ktec exhausts to be pretty good (had 2 so far) - no complaints

however i prefer the look of that prospeed one

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
In an ideal situation i'd have a custom. but for the money i can't fault the k-tec.

Was at Pro-speed on Saturday mate.....having a K-tec stealth replaced with a custom stealth. The K-tec was too noisy/boomy at low revs for me. Really happy with my new cat back system - exactly what I wanted.

I'd go Pro-speed simply because it is custom made for your car and your taste. Wish I'd gone there in the first place; well worth the trip. Charlie (the owner) is a nice bloke and even sent out a mechanic in their scooby when I got lost in Cardiff! Can't speak more highly.

K-tec fitted their exhaust well and the service was OK, apart from they did'nt give me my old cat to me when they fitted a sports cat which is a bit naughty (I know now!:mad: )

hmmmm - one thing i dont want is a chavy loud exhaust :( anyone ever heard the k-tec 182 look ?

Noise is ok when your booting it, but at 70-80mph on the motorway i cant be doing with vroooooooooooooooom etc same as stupid loud on tickover

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
also had both, excellent service at both places, prospeed for me tho as the fit was perfect, the k-tec one never sat straight & rattled against the frame, took it back for adjustment & they cable tied it..

Kinsella said:
hmmmm - one thing i dont want is a chavy loud exhaust :( anyone ever heard the k-tec 182 look ?

Noise is ok when your booting it, but at 70-80mph on the motorway i cant be doing with vroooooooooooooooom etc same as stupid loud on tickover

in that case you need a pro-speed cat back system.

tell charlie how loud you want it and he'll do the rest :)

defo swaying towards the prospeed now with the cable tie comment lol -

the pro speed is 290 all in isnt it ? will also be getting a decat

works out a few quid cheaper than the k-tec

If k-tec was'nt a 4 hour drive i would'nt mind taking it back to get reseated if it came loose - but 4 hours for a cable tie lol

i wouldnt worry about the fitting of the K-Tec, let them sort that.

More importantly is your comment about the noise... i dont think you'll like the K-Tec. I have the Propeed MidSport system now and im very happy with the noise.

Nice and quiet when feathering the throttle at 70-80, but growls and screams when you boot it. the noise becomes addictive! :D

i used to have a nice magnex full system on my old saxo vtr, liked the noise alot, just a subtle burble - think its going to have to be the prospeed, less weight too haha

what was the price all in ?

so its the mid sport im after for subtle yet good noise when booted ?

Kinsella said:
what was the price all in ?

so its the mid sport im after for subtle yet good noise when booted ?

i paid £270 for cat back but Charlie's justifiably put the price up since...

yup, midsport is where its at. Will be quieter than your old Magnex until you floor it, then the most addictive sound starts....

sounds about right, bargain! :approve:

dont forget to supply the 182 surround, from memory this was around £15 from Renault

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
Yo Fubar, where are you based, would love to have a listen to your Prospeed as my KTEC stealth sounds nice but too loud on the motorway (Which I go on very rarely) Also the KTEC fitment is Poo. Just bangs like a b**ch on ther rear beam, especially if the car has 2 or more peeps in it

Rob

Shibber said:
Yo Fubar, where are you based, would love to have a listen to your Prospeed as my KTEC stealth sounds nice but too loud on the motorway (Which I go on very rarely) Also the KTEC fitment is Poo. Just bangs like a b*tch on ther rear beam, especially if the car has 2 or more peeps in it

Rob

I live in Christchurch, just up the road from K-Tec :)

more than welcome if you're local

RenaultSport clio 172 Cup
Prospeed here too! Mine was fitted just over a week ago for £315 all in. Using a fair bit of fuel now! can't resist booting it. Absolutely spot on fit.

zorst1.jpg

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
fUbAr said:
I live in Christchurch, just up the road from K-Tec :)

more than welcome if you're local

Bugger, I live in Nottingham, so its just down the road around the corner and then past London Lol, if you are ever up this way or vice versa thewn will pop and have a look :dapprove:

172 Mk2 Ph1
Booked in with pro-speed in cardiff on 7th Oct, just a wee nip round the corner from Harrogate!! ;-0

I'm off to prospeed this tuesday !! :)

I wrung charlie up and i'm booked in on tuesday :) i was going to order a decat from k-tec so he could fit it, wont arrive in time :( going to have to get another garage to fit it :)

will post pics of it when its on :) cant wait - hope my exhaust dont fall off on the way there lol

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
I love the look of the flush single exit on the 172. If it was me, I would go for that.