ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exisiting Speaker Wire (Door)

I've read conflicting views on this but...

I'm gonna be putting in new components and wanted to know if the existing wiring into the door will be OK as I don't fancy drilling holes?! :S

The components are SPL SD5.2 (60Wrms) being run off a JBL 75.4 amp (4x100Wrms).

Chimp ;)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
upgrade the wire too, use the connectors in the door already ( the ones that go into the plug that goes into the main body of the car,)

work out which slot they go into and replace them with the new cable, then do the same on the other side of the plug

BMW M135i
I've been using the door speakers in the 172 for almost year and used it for 6 months in the 1.6, its been fine.

Any way I can adapt the connector without making it impossible to return back to stock at a late date?

Also do the wires stay the same colour when they get back in the car (pink and pale yellow)?

Chimp

P.S. Do people not sleep! :rasp:

Mk2 172
Any way I can adapt the connector without making it impossible to return back to stock at a late date?

Also do the wires stay the same colour when they get back in the car (pink and pale yellow)?

Chimp

P.S. Do people not sleep! :rasp:

Just cut the wires behind the headunit, attach ur new length of wire to the car side of the wiring and run the wires from there to the amp. Yes i believe the wires stay the same but if not you can battery test the speaker at the headunit end and the the speaker will pop when u have the 2 correct wires.