ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Extend Alarm Fob Range?

Car  172
Hi just got my Toad ai606 with remote start, cracking alarm, but the range isn't that good.

I was just wondering if there was a way I could increase range by fitting an antenna or something?

My old viper alarm worked from a very long way away and noticed it had an antenna on the windscreen.

Any one done this?

cheers.
 
Putting the key fob next to your head normally makes them work further.

Not sure how many brain cells it probably kills though!
 
Im stuggling to see the reason why you would need extra range?

Surely 20cm is all you need, or am i missing something?
 
Im stuggling to see the reason why you would need extra range?

Surely 20cm is all you need, or am i missing something?

im with you on this do you really want to sit on your keys and unlock your car when you are no where near it
 
How about...you lock your car and start walking somewhere, but the Mrs has left her all important dildo on few view of other Tesco shoppers.

If the above happens I usually unlock it from where I'm standing to save me having to walk back.
 
Yeah, but no durability. Soon as it rained my car was again wide open to attack.

Actually been thinking about turning it into a novel.
 
The extra range is just for remote start really, so I can start it without getting out of bed on a cold morning ;) I'm lazy :p
 
Back
Top