ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Extension Cable?

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Basically in my new car the cigarette lighter is under the front armrest which is apst the handbrake leaver. Trouble is my satnav power wire is not long enough to succesfully hide it away behind trim etc. So does anyone know of any ways of getting around this. I've looked into extension cable type thing, but in Halfords they only have either ones with about 4 sockets or chavy ones that light up!

Any help or advice?

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
aftermarket power cables usually are longer than the manufacturers ones in my experience. try ebay.

i'd be interested to know how you get on as i'm thinking of getting a car just like yours (the C4 loeb) but the derv engine. and i might run into similar probs with my nav unit. see the see drawer under the radio read out how far does it pull out, just becaus i have disk think for my sat nav which is for sticking to dashes, but i thought if i stuck it in the drawer it would save me destroying the dash but also save the circles on the wind screen.plus it would be int he same position as the factory fit sat nav.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
The bit under the radio read-out doesn't actually pull out, or I haven't tried pulling it anyway. It's more of a flap, for one of the many storage bits on the car. Well I think thats the bit you said about, I can't quite remember whats where, is the metal part on the dash?

I'll check ebay, thanks for the tip.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
ahh got you, the dealer i went to have a look at one woulnt let me into the car, because i said i could get one cheaper than he buys them in doh!! he was a proper git about it.

another option might be to get an antenna for the sat nav most can take them ,they usually have a 3mm cable but check the us they do all sorts of extra long ones for thier barges.
I got one from my old garmin I3, it on a 5m cable ( cost about £9), so i could route the antenna under all the trim in my car to where it would get a signal in the boot, as the distance from the lighter to the screen in a C4 is quite a distance. perhaps it easier to bring the singal to the unit ranther than the unit to the signal if you know what i mean.
what sorta Nav you got?

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
I think you've lost me a bit, it has a built in aerial thing so its just the power cable im struggling with. Its a Navman possibly an S70, can't quite remember the nubmer exactly.