ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Extension for Sky cables?

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'm moving my lounge around and, as a result, I don't think my existing Sky cables will reach the new location of the box. What do I need to be able to extend the cables another metre or two?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
As above

OR if you feel very lazy

B&Q or Maplin both sell patch cables about a meter or two with pre-crimp connectors already on.

Plenty of cheap ones on ebay also, again with connectors etc.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Cool, cheers. If fitting the F connectors to the coax myself, do I just get the copper mesh out the way and screw on?

Full Fat 182
Yeah pretty much. Strip the end so that the outer core mesh is bent back over the outer coating, leaving the solid inner core intact but partly exposed. Then its just a case of screwing an F connector on. Bit of trial and error for your first time but you'll have 3 more to do after the first. Oh, and you'll need 4 f connectors not 2 like i mentioned previously