ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exterior black trim

Guys,

What sort of dressing do you use on your exterior trim?

I have tried AG bumper care and Megs trim detailer.

There just dont seem to last that long, a few washes then the dreaded white residue starts to appear. Thinking of getting the trim colour coded but i think it may look a little NAF.
 
Good old AG Bumper care here - to stop it streaking make sure you rub it in well on application and buff with clean towel afer a few mins.
 
Having tried AG, Megs and CG stuff the best i've found has been AG vinyl and rubber care.

Best way to do the plastic is after washing thoroughly, clean the plastic with AG fast glass to remove any dirt/gease etc then apply the vinyl and rubber care, works a treat :)

0012.webp


As Rich said AG bumper care rubbed in will get rid of the white marks.
 
Cheers rich,

Will have to try to buff them out, like you said after a few mins. At the mo im just applying AG bumper care to masked the dullness of the plastic.

You learn something new every day.

Wished i could leave my motor with you for a day :D to give her a good going over. ha ha
 
I've used Megs Endurance the last couple of times. It's meant for the tyres but seems to do a job on all trim. I make sure I buff off after half an hour or so though!
 
I've used AG bumper care , vinyl and rubber care and chemical guys gel after a while the white always comes back unless its applied regularly . Best stuff i've used and lasts the longest on black trim is wd40
 
Anything left sat on there as an excess will streak and run. The above products all only seem to mask any stains, other cleaners are best to try and clean the white marks marks of before dressing.
 
Im still waiting for some Einzett Plastic Cleaner to arrive, hoping this may do the trick on my 306 plastics.
 
These are marks that have been on the car since before we got in back in 1999. The 1Z has just turned up now anyway.
 
That wax blaster was a waste of money imo, didn't touch the marks on mine. I've just got some Meg's #38 which I've been recommended on DW so I'm trying that this weekend.
 
All the megs and CG stuff i've tried runs when it gets rained on, no mater how much you buff it off.
 
Used the Meg's #38 today and it got the white marks from the bumpers very pleased as everything else I've tried hasn't worked, just have to see it streaks now (it was buffed off afterwards).
 
Back
Top