ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exterior temperature incorrect.

E87 118d M Sport
Car is showing it's 30degrees outside. Now I'm no expert, but I think it's wrong lol.

Is this anyway linked to my interior climate control temperature sensor being broken?

Cheers.

182 Trophy 019/500
I dont know if its the same on the Reno, but previous cars I used to have used the external temp to work out what to do inside the car depending on the internal temp. If you have issues with the internal temp it could be linked to outside one being wrong.

E87 118d M Sport
so its a coincidence my interior and exterior sensors have both broken within a day of each other, or they are connected somehow like renaultsport said above?

172 Cup
The sensor is underneath the passenger wing mirror. Mine was showing 60 degrees yesterday. Not good

so its a coincidence my interior and exterior sensors have both broken within a day of each other, or they are connected somehow like renaultsport said above?

Well I was led to believe that they are connected, but the internal one relies on the external one for the climate. Although, I suppose the internal one breaking could send the external reading a bit doolally.

Replace the internal one first and see if it cures it.

E87 118d M Sport
yeah think thats the plan.

the most mine has read is 32 degrees, which if it is reading the temp of the internal of the car (maybe) the hot air coming out of the system could technically be 30odd.

ill have to pop to renault on friday.

anyone have an idea of a part number?

otherwise ill have to go through the usual rigmarole of "no, the cars an import so the reg doesnt show up on your database" etc etc etc

also, how do you fit the sensor internally. just like a fuse? or will it involve wiring?

iirc, it's literally just take the panel off, then there are connectors on it.

I kind of remember, as I changed the fan for the climate in my 172 as it was noisy.

the panel just pop off? or do i have to take any other panels off first?

Erm.. lol

I *think* it just clips, but I cannot for the life of my picture it atm, so I'll have to pass. All I know is, when I did it, it all became obvious quickly.

E87 118d M Sport
lol cheers!

expect a PM along the lines of:

"there were other panels involved. shi.t everywhere. broken plastic. i blame you iirc"

lol cheers!

expect a PM along the lines of:

"there were other panels involved. shi.t everywhere. broken plastic. i blame you iirc"

LMAO. No seriously, there isn't any other panels, just the one that includes the interior lights.

If I managed it, a semi-retarded club handed ginger bird could manage it.

E87 118d M Sport
on the contrary. my car thinks is 30degrees outside. which i asure you, at this time of year, is the temp inside the car =D

Mines started doing this. Goes all the way up to 60 then goes out. Pretty annoying as I can't seem to turn the windscreen demister on full any more. Apparently the part is £40 from Renault but you can fit another thermostat into the mirror and it fixes it for about a quid. Haven't looked into it yet but if someone has and knows what to buy and how to fit I would be very grateful :D

Clio 172
new sensors off renault are stupidly expensive. £50 ish i seem to remember. i bought a second hand mirror off ebay with a sensor in for £10.

E87 118d M Sport
i dont, but the interior went first. has been making noises for a month or so atleast. now that one is the loudest its been, and suddenly the exterior one doesnt work.

i dont, but the interior went first. has been making noises for a month or so atleast. now that one is the loudest its been, and suddenly the exterior one doesnt work.

I don't think the fan being noisy actually effects it's operation though. Have you tried just putting some light grease around the fan?? There's a guide on here somewhere. I just presumed yours had stopped altogether.

keg

o right mine was fine then i started to drive and the car started to get cold thats when i noticed the temp was at 60 :(