ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

external temp sensor, can you fit one?

J

jakm15

hi, when the sun shines on my lcd display i can see the external temp gauge outline, its a 1.2 grande so it doesnt have one as standard. if i get a sensor off a higher model clio is it just a case of plugging it in the back of the lcd screen and fitting it somewhere in the mirror or can it not be done.?????

BG 182 FF
I know the sensor for this on a MK2 phase 2 Dynamique is in the N/S Mirror. Should probs be the same on yours. Remove the mirror and look for a plug inside/ around door. It should be a seperate one to the electric plug for elec mirrors.

I only know because a chav smashed my mirror! and the only replacement i cud get same day was a mirror without temp sensor!

Now i don't now temp in morning lmao!

If there is a plug not connected you will possibly need to buy complete mirror becuase its probs a complete unit. Just a guess.

Hope this helps a little

Last edited:
Sorry to bump this.

I picked up a sensor from the scrappy today whihc was already cut off.

I need to know whether it can be retro fitted or is there more to it. UCH related.

I've done a search and there seems to be no information except faulty ones.