ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

extra bhp

54 plate 1.2 16v
Hey all i'm wanting a bit more power awt of my 1.2 wots the most affective way of doing this

CBR1000RR Fireblade
eBay super charger, 300hp plus is easily available on a eBay supercharged 1.2 engine...

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Hey all i'm wanting a bit more power awt of my 1.2 wots the most affective way of doing this

Cams, tuned exhaust, head work, or forced induction... you might even see 100 horses if the pistons don't melt, but then you can fit forged internals to combat that. Fuel pump and injectors might need upgrading too. Easy to do with a large enough wallet.

Best thing to do however, is not bother. Even if you doubled the power, you'd probably have spent enough on it to buy an M3.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
indeed, strip it out and spend some $$ on the handling (look at what I drive) you'll still be have a smile a minute.
Oh and learn to drive , conserve momentum because you have no acceleration :evil:

ITB'd MK1
I'd like to see someone use the 1.2 turbo engine in a mk2. Aside from that, dont bother, just make sure it's running as well as it can be with proper servicing

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
indeed, strip it out and spend some $$ on the handling (look at what I drive) you'll still be have a smile a minute.
Oh and learn to drive , conserve momentum because you have no acceleration :evil:

Definitely. Small, lightweight, underpowered cars are great for improving your driving :approve: You come to appreciate the importance of maintaining speed through and out of bends.