ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F.A.O People with Ferodo DS2500 Pads

LY R26
How long do you see out a set of your pads?
mine are starting to squeek really badly atm, almost metal on metal. done 2 track days but probably only around 3000 miles in total

so just looking for info on how long they do last

thanks

Darren

182 cup
iv had 2 track days and about 15k out of mine and they are still fine.

They do start to squeak now and again when im rolling in traffic, but i find that a bit of hard braking gets rid of the noises

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Our track car did 4/5 track days on the last set.

Ive done 25K on the road on my current set.

BMW M5 & E36
My set did about 6k in my 182 when I had it, since done 7 trackdays and about 5k miles in the Mk1 and still have 1/3rd ish of the pad left.

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Mine squeeled like crazy when first fitted, de-glazed and now VERY minimal squeel ;-)

Toyota Corolla
All brake pads are easy to fit. DS's do need a bit of grinding/filing on the ends though.

I've read this a couple of other times on here, but I don't really understand why ferodo make pads that don't fit? :S
I'm thinking of getting some but am a little put off by the thought of having to 'file' down brake pads to fit! :)

Fiesta ST3
I've read this a couple of other times on here, but I don't really understand why ferodo make pads that don't fit? :S
I'm thinking of getting some but am a little put off by the thought of having to 'file' down brake pads to fit! :)

yeh, ive wondered this too, seems a bit odd

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
I didn't file anything off. Just clean the calipers well and leave the rattle springs off.

RenaultSport 172
I didn't grind mine down?! Just removed the shims and a bit of copper grease on the back. No binding and no squealing.

Had them on a year now and I've done 2 trackdays and loads of sessions and still have loads of pad left!

Civic Type S GT
It's mad isn't it how they havnt changed the design yet to fit properly! As said above, pay all that money to have to grind them down. I've had to do it with mine and they still bloody sqweek!

Clio 172mk2
last set of discs lasted 7 years, 4 years standard pads, 3 years with ds2500.

Just on a brand new set :)

Rather than start a new thread, i've had my DS2500's fitted for other a month now and they still squeak like crazy and occasionally i get a weird vibration through the steering at 70mph, anyone else get this?

Stripped yozza'd cup
Rather than start a new thread, i've had my DS2500's fitted for other a month now and they still squeak like crazy and occasionally i get a weird vibration through the steering at 70mph, anyone else get this?

'Performance' pads squeak.... as said above, some enthusiastic braking will get rid of it for a few days.

The shaking at 70mph, do you mean whilst you're braking from 70 or just driving along at 70?

Clio Sport 182
MUST remove shims? Lol oops! Mine dont squeak but I do think the brakes are crap. Need to go take a look at them again i think. Hmmmmm.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Removing the shims, why is it essential? Could maybe see the logic if someone was perhaps blind and/or stupid enough to jam them without prep for sufficient clearances-but that'd surely lead to overheating/crumble irrespective of being shimmed or otherwise?

Have intentionally run my 565h with shims since i fitted them (ground both vert/horiz w/proper clearance), with zero issues whatsoever over ~10k incl a couple of track days. Maybe they're just a freak exception to the golden rule, who knows.

:coffee:

Clio Sport 182
Well i had to grind a slight amount off to get them to fit with the shims, but had no issues so far, but not impressed by the stopping power of a standard clio brake setup and DS2500's. Might need to go bigger! ;)