ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F*cking Clio Urgent Help Please!!!

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Okay so it's my year anniversary with my girlfriend. nice meal out I thought, all was well until we're where we are now. In a car park, on my phone writing this thread as my sodding drivers side window won't go up!!!

This happened when I got the car, and it was the window switch? Could it be the same again?

Checked every fuse even the hidden ones, passenger window works fine and everythings plugged in properly, what to check next?

All I know now is im not leaving the window open in this car park...

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Call the AA

Did that last time they diagnosed "faulty window" and ticked the take to a garage box. Anyone know what colour cable is what? Can try linking the wires up with a paper clip if the switch is naffed and then that'll hopefully wind the window up.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Did that last time they diagnosed "faulty window" and ticked the take to a garage box. Anyone know what colour cable is what? Can try linking the wires up with a paper clip if the switch is naffed and then that'll hopefully wind the window up.

And how did that turn out for you?

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Can you not just force it for now?

Edit: guessing all the way down, boo.

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Can you park right up against a wall or something (so no one can get to the window) then get out the passenger side, go for your meal, drive home and sort it :)

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Can you not just force it for now?

Edit: guessing all the way down, boo.

All the way down yeah, guessing its the window switch that's broke as it happened before a while ago. Annoying! Anyone think there could be a bigger issue if its gone wrong twice now! If it matters the window was quite slow to respond on the last winding down, when I pushed the switch there was a second pause before it started winding down. Girlfriend's 16, so you should all be ashamed ;). In the end emptied the car bodged it with alot of clingfilm and left it. Still like that today... Need to find a way to wind it up! Go on holiday in a few days.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

And how did that turn out for you?

This.

Last time, when you had this exact same problem, and when the AA told you to take it to a garage, what did the garage you took it to say or do to fix your car?

Can't you just take it back to them now it's become an annoyance?

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
This.

Last time, when you had this exact same problem, and when the AA told you to take it to a garage, what did the garage you took it to say or do to fix your car?

Can't you just take it back to them now it's become an annoyance?

They just found the switch faulty and replaced it, the old switch had clearly blown/broken inside you could see it visibly on that one switch. Ordered another switch, hoping to avoid taking it anywhere when i'm at work.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Even though shes 16? ;) You should be ashamed! Just ordered a new window switch anyway, was going to go to @renault Wolverhampton but chose my local dealer instead so I could get it tomorrow either after work or during lunch. Sorry Adam!

Grass on the green, you're going to play on it.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
1996.. Puts you 2 years younger than me at 19.

Got offered a job at MI5, turned it down. Over qualified.

I'd be happy with a 182 at 19! Turn 18 in a couple of weeks and will be keeping the 1.2! Went to Renault yesterday and bought a window switch £18.31! The second window switch I've had to buy for it now too. Window all sorted!

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure if you can get tickets on the gate, can you?

I've bought tickets on the CSOC stand last night..

Looks like I can buy tickets on the gate according to the website - providing I don't want to be on any Club Stand (Which I don't anyway - Wouldn't look right in the 1.2!) haha