ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

f**k YOU ELEPHANT .COM

got a quote on a high power jap car. got the refernce number but now it wont let me back in to add the reg of the car and make some minor mods to the policy. it kept saying TECHNICAL PROBLEM.

so i started a fresh quote with my mate accross the roads address and funny enough it started working!!!

im gonna call them tommorow and give them hell.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC

cheeky gits!!

Wouldnt use them anyway, every time you do a quote, they do a credit check on you on the sly, I found this when I got refused credit even though Ive never missed any payments etc. there were sh*tloads of searches by elephant and admiral on there!!!

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

That isnt true ^^^.

They would only possibly credit check you if you accepted the policy and were paying monthly, still unlikely though.

There is no reason for them to credit check you, therefore they arent allowed to do it.

Elise/VX220/R26

elephant are utter sh*te, just escaped from them back to direct line after a year of hassle every time you ring them up. Not a good insurance company for renault owners as they charge £25 every time you need a courtesy car covering.

Also be aware that once they have got your money off you all other dealings are via India, not just india, indian speaking india, utterly appauling

ive been using them for 3 years now & have never had a problem, they arent in india they are in wales (unless she was very good at putting on a welsh accent)

tiTTy & SV650

if u call outwith office hours you get India, so try and call at a decent time. Ive used Elephant for 4 years and not got any issues, they even match and beat better quotes without quibble.

PS Why do the Indian telephonists expect us to believe theyre called Doug or Pam?! Give us some fing credit lol

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by rory182 on 03 July 2005

PS Why do the Indian telephonists expect us to believe theyre called Doug or Pam?! Give us some fing credit lol
Nothing to do with them mate. Theyre just doing what their bosses tell them to do.

Pretty sh*tty really that they dont let them use their own name.

Banana

Im with elephant, and I think they are ok- havent had to claim yet tho (touches wood). I did hear a rumour that if you make a claim, they add £100 to your next years premium, even if the accident was not your fault?

Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 03 July 2005
its all about Greenlight insurance :D

Until you try to make a claim apparently :(

don't

Quote: Originally posted by rory182 on 03 July 2005

. Ive used Elephant for 4 years and not got any issues, they even match and beat better quotes without quibble.
lol match quotes, i rang up and said id been quoted £50 cheaper and will they match it, bloke didnt even look into any details, he just said NO

said why are u ringing up when uve got the net, its the same quotes as online, t**sers