ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

f**king garmin

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i have a heat reflective windscreen, so i bought another aerial fro garmin from maplins, connected it thru , and was working fine for last 2 months, but after i replaced the batteries, and washed the windows with rain x, it taked bloody ages to find a satelllite? any idesas?

RS Meg 175
Nope apart from Garmins are Sh!t :S

me mate had serious trouble with his garmin then he updated it from the T'internet and it was good again.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Re: f**king garmin

my mate downgraded it for me said it was better????

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
last week i managed to actually drive the 8 miles to where i was going before the garmin even located the satalites

BMW 330D

Fletch123 said:
Will any sat nav- road angel work if stuck on the clear patch on a heat reflective windscreen, or do they all need extra aerials?

Tomtom one works on any part of the windscreen, i have an external aerial if it didnt. Was very impressed!. I had a PDA with a gps receiver hardly worked at all. Get yourself a tomtom one theyre great!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

Adamhodg said:
Tomtom one works on any part of the windscreen, i have an external aerial if it didnt. Was very impressed!. I had a PDA with a gps receiver hardly worked at all. Get yourself a tomtom one theyre great!

Cheers mate.

:D

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

garmin worked really well, until last week, i was quite impressed until it takes 10 miles to get a satellite!!!!!!!!!!!!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

does any1 have the new software for garmin i3 is it any good?

53 plate 172

Adamhodg said:

v1 or v2?

Mini Cooper S sport
Had one experience with another make (Navman) and it was s**t, couldn't find a satellite outside the car, never mind in it.

Sent it back and will now get a TomTom, no other make is worth bothering with IMO.

Banana
My garmin has always aquired satellites within 10 secs (even when it needs batteries) and has never failed to get me where I want to go. I think they're like road angels- some good and some bad.