ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

f**king Gutted

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Just got my car out the shop, new clutch and after an hour of having it, this f**king happens! Some dick in a Mini smashed straight into the side of me at college.

It's all getting paid for and its going into the bodyshop this week, but its f**king soooo annoying!!!:mad:

DSCF1125.jpg

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Re: f**king Gutted

Thats a lot of damage!What reg is the car? Surely close to right off on a mk2?

51 plate, its not a write off, ive got the pay the first £350 for that. The guy at the body shop said its just the panel.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Make sure that it gets a good checking over, looks like the rear wheel as prob been hit, make sure nothing has been bent as a result (may not be obvious just looking at it). Going through his insurance?

51 plate, its not a write off, ive got the pay the first £350 for that. The guy at the body shop said its just the panel.

Why are you paying anything, was it not the mini drivers fault?

Liquid Yellow 182 FF

Make sure that it gets a good checking over, looks like the rear wheel as prob been hit, make sure nothing has been bent as a result (may not be obvious just looking at it). Going through his insurance?

Will do mate, i'll get them to give it a proper checking over, the wheel wasn't hit, it drives fine.

Fiat Bravo Active TJet

Why are you paying the excess? They hit you, so their insurers should cover your excess.

Was wondering this myself. I wouldn't have thought that you'd have had to pay a thing, since it isn't your fault.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF

Was wondering this myself. I wouldn't have thought that you'd have had to pay a thing, since it isn't your fault.

Its his fault, I was coming in a little to fast, and we didn't see each other. He said it was my fault, yet he hit me. He didn't look like he braked either.:mad:

Last edited:

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Well, if its his fault you will get it all back, even if you have to pay your excess to start with.(as long as his insurance/he accepts responsibility) Its quite a lot of damage? How fast was he going and was it in a college car park?

Liquid Yellow 182 FF

Well, if its his fault you will get it all back, even if you have to pay your excess to start with.(as long as his insurance/he accepts responsibility) Its quite a lot of damage? How fast was he going and was it in a college car park?

He wasn't going overly quick, id say I was going about 5/10mph.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

Its both out faults, I was coming in a little to fast, and we didn't see each other. He said it was my fault, yet he hit me. He didn't look like he braked either.:mad:

Make sure you tell insurance it was his fault, not yours in no uncertain terms. He hit you, you were doing nothing wrong!

Don't accidents in car parks always go 50/50?

Not when you admit liability, no. It'll be a 100% claim on his insurance and he'll be paying his £350 excess.

Fair play for admitting you were at fault, I admitted 100% liability when I caused a much worse accident and it was all sorted within 4 weeks :D

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
Good job, let us know what the outcome is of that. Hopefully you won't have to shell out your excess.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF

did you pull into his path or something?

No, well, kinda, its a very narrow entrance, but there was another clio park on the corner where he should of so it was a blind corner, we just didn't see each other and he just want flying into the side of me.

DB.

BMW 440i
I refused to pay my excess even though they tried to make me on my old car when it was the other drivers fault. They finally accepted and everything came from the other chaps insurance.

I did that when I was hit in my Punto. Other party never once spoke to his insurers and took my insurers 2 years to recover their loss. If I had paid my excess I'd have been out of pocket for all that time.

Clio MK 4
If you go through their insurance directly and it's not your fault you don't pay any excess. if you go through your insurance when its not your fault you pay excess and then later have to reclaim it back.

Gutted for you mate. Know the feeling

AUDI A5 s-sline

gutted mate!! :(. and ye^^ y wud that matter? still his car, and his pride and joy!! :dapprove:

Audi A3
gutting mate they need to sort those carparks out, there all jokes i swear! always worry about getting wacked in there, seen loads of people hit parked cars and drive off!

Stagecoach Ticket
Even though ur saying its just a panel. Make sure they dnt write it off buddy as its nearing the 10 year old instant write off mark.

Good luck getting it sorted

Liquid Yellow 182 FF

Even though ur saying its just a panel. Make sure they dnt write it off buddy as its nearing the 10 year old instant write off mark.

Good luck getting it sorted

They've already looked at it mate, its not a write off. Its literally just the panel that's crumpled to s**t. :boring:

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Doesn't seem right you'd have to pay the excess dude-that surely all needs to come off the mini drivers policy :cool: