ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

f**king Renault

I took my 172 cup into renault waters in St Albans / Hatfield area for repairs under warranty. The problems with the car were a hole in the mid-section of the exhaust, rear suspension collapsed and the shocks went through the rear wings, suspension bushes have been rubbed down.

Then renault call me up and say the warranty is void due to modification. I said "your having a laugh, My car is completly standard apart from the indicatior bulbs being changed". I also said "How can my warranty be void?" They said that the previous owner must of tampered with the suspension. I said "your having even more of a f**king laugh! The previous owner was a woman of about 45, she wouldnt modify the suspension".

Renault also said that the whole exhaust would need changing, the car would need new shocks (which they dont because they have only gone through the rubbers bits of rear wings inside the boot), the suspension bushes would need changing, they also said that all the brake pads and discs would need changing.I said the brake pads and discs are perfectly fine, they work realy well.

They called me back and said a price quote for only the parts for 978.04
I just laughed and said "just sort out the rear suspension and stop trying to rob me for my money, i can get the rest done for much more cheaper". I also said "the reason I brought the car into your garage was because I honestly believed that I had warranty on my clio, and that these problems would cover it".

Now im waiting for a call back for a price quote on getting the rear suspension sorted because I cant drive the car how it is. It's like driving a bouncy castle. Im realy pissed off because I know they are gonna bolt me up for the rear suspension to be fixed.

Any advice on what I should say or do? Your help would mean so much.

Megane225FF
try another garage to fix it under warranty?
Get their name & tell them you're taking this to the highest authority.
Failing that...
Tell them you're gonna hunt them down like the dogs they are?

Sorry Darth cake. I was only using that as an example. I havent even got my strut braces yet. I just wanted to know what the situation would be if i did have them fitted onto my clio. The reason I said I have already got them fitted onto my clio is so i could possibly get more of a direct answer to my question.

182 Cup, (2nd one)
Only deal with renault UK Head office on 08000723372
Tell them that the dealers have treated you badly and are trying to pin the faults on you. They should then act on your behalf to bring the dealer back into line. i would also say you are thinking of buying the new RS clio shortly and will be trading the 172 in for the new car. This should help.

Re: f**king Renault

thedoc said:
try another garage to fix it under warranty?
Get their name & tell them you're taking this to the highest authority.
Failing that...
Tell them you're gonna hunt them down like the dogs they are?

I would like to take it to another garage but i cant drive the car in the condition that its in. I just want them to fix my clio and want my car back. I will have to sort out the rest of the problems.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

OLLZIE said:
Sorry Darth cake. I was only using that as an example. I havent even got my strut braces yet. I just wanted to know what the situation would be if i did have them fitted onto my clio. The reason I said I have already got them fitted onto my clio is so i could possibly get more of a direct answer to my question.

Right so has your car got modified suspension or not then?

They called my back and quoted me 190 pounds parts and labour which isnt as bad as i thought. i was thinking they were gonna charge me about 400 to be honest. There are now going to order the parts and hopefully the car should be done by the end of the day tommorow.

charlie b said:
Only deal with renault UK Head office on 08000723372
Tell them that the dealers have treated you badly and are trying to pin the faults on you. They should then act on your behalf to bring the dealer back into line. i would also say you are thinking of buying the new RS clio shortly and will be trading the 172 in for the new car. This should help.

Just tried to do that but they said that Renault Waters Group are not a main renault dealership. f**king typical. Nice idea though Charlie B

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2

Hey i know the feeling i took my car to st albans renault, and they would not warrant any problems i had, i think they have spent all there money on that new show room of theres, so no warranty money to spend!!! they also lost my car keys when i took it to be serviced a couple of weeks ago!! not a brilliant dealer, (like most) hope you dont get stung too bad.

Tomo172 said:
Hey i know the feeling i took my car to st albans renault, and they would not warrant any problems i had, i think they have spent all there money on that new show room of theres, so no warranty money to spend!!! they also lost my car keys when i took it to be serviced a couple of weeks ago!! not a brilliant dealer, (like most) hope you dont get stung too bad.

190 notes which is a sting.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2

yeah that is !!! the service woman has a bit an ego too which does not help!

182 Cup, (2nd one)

OLLZIE said:
Just tried to do that but they said that Renault Waters Group are not a main renault dealership. f**king typical. Nice idea though Charlie B
I didn't buy a car from a dealers bought in private
my car stil gets its warranty work done just get it to your main renault dealer