ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F1 2012

RS Clio 182
Started 2nd season - had a bad race in Australia but got a great 4th & 7th in the next 2 races - i seem to have good pace around the Asian tracks. Hoping to get a move to Sauber or Williams next.

Caterham have well improved for season 2 - theyve been qualifying in the top 10 and picked up a few points already!

Oil Burner
I've barely had a chance to play this since i moved. But set the G27 up on the PS3 the other day and it took like 3 turns lock to lock! Turned that setting down so it is now correct. But the weighting of the wheel is still wrong. So you can't tell when you have got full lock applied. pretty frustrating and makes it hard to judge the low speed understeer! Any ideas?

Nothing at the mo :(
Holy s**t.

How the hell are you so smooth on a pad? There wasn't an ounce of stick flicking haha.

lol No idea, Just how i play i suppose.. Best times on the pad you have to be as smooth as you would on a steering wheel

Also ive ALWAYS used a pad , on F1 10,11,12 so i suppose its just practise

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Just ordered this on Amazon new cheaper than my local game place wants for it 2nd hand!

Cant wait to have a go :)

DCi
I just did my first carrer race, was in the caterham and got to about 7th after the first few corners, i dont think there was a crash but something held them all up as i just drove round a massive pack of slow cars on the first lap :D

After that I was just defending my way for 15 laps!! Managed to get 15th haha. Good fun...

Impreza RB5 #054
If anyone is interested in a full custom online race add me, i'm s**t but dont knock you off the track at the first corner like most of the fraggles playing online.

richietothecee

Golf R/Leon FR
I was playing Canada last night in my 2nd season, qualified 2nd in my Williams. Turned it off then went to play it again later and I was down as starting as 12th?!! Then I tried restarting it and the weather changed to rain right at the start and everyone was on super softs!
So I restarted it for the third time, still starting in 12th, so just had to go for it. Had a great race, started to rain on lap 7, came in for inters, everyone else stayed out on options. I breezed past everyone and into the lead. The rain got really heavy, cars spinning all over the place, the safety car came out on lap 11 and by lap 13 there had been 11 retirements!! I ended up winning just fending off Button, especially for the last 5 laps where the track dried out and I came in for options but selected primes by mistake. Great race though.

RS Clio 182
Just got a great 10th place and a point in Bahrain - this patched Pro difficulty is much better now - constantly battling with the midfield drivers like it should be. Ive just retired from Catalunya though as i totally knackered up - took out Button on the first corner defending my 10th place,no flashbacks left - Button also retired as he lost his wheel lol. Monaco in the wet next - should be interesting! Caterhams still have great pace in every race,but only managed a few points so far.

Megane 225 F1
I've just noticed that brake bias setting. Switching it to front makes a huge difference on the bad corner on Bahrain (turn 18)

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
My Xbox decided to damage my disc, Xbox isn't even that old, just over 12 months, very very annoying!! Since I bought F1 2012 on release date, I've not removed the disc from the console so fook knows how its happened?? So I've had to buy another copy, install it to HDD then flogged it on Amazon, luckily the damaged disc is recognised enough to work via HDD. Good job as well as I've just been offered a contract with Red Bull!!

Nothing at the mo :(
Heres a video of me with caterham on Pro difficulty.

Very difficult race, if anything the best bit is the last 2-3 laps fighting with massa

Part 1

Part 2

Last edited by a moderator:
  RS Clio 182
I got a great 6th in Valencia last night - using no flashbacks aswell. In fact i was a bit wary of using them - because i used it twice in Qualifying and my PS3 totally froze on both occasions and i had to reset the game! Not seen that before.

Some really weird Qualifying results in that race - both the Caterhams were 8th & 9th and Pic 10th in Q3!!

RS Clio 182
Ive just moved to Williams at the mid point of season 2 - got a great 7th in Hungary....this car definatly has the pace to challenge the top 10 places now.

Goliath I
Update for 360 today, anyone know what it was?

Also, I've noticed that if you use the rewind while other cars are on/near a bend they will almost certainly overshoot.

Golf R/Leon FR
The patch was for numerous things, although PS3 users got it weeks ago. It didnt really make much difference.

RS Clio 182
Hows about this for unlucky - got my best ever finish of 3rd at Monza - but my teammate Maldonado won the race and newly selected rival,Perez,got 2nd!!

Golf R/Leon FR
Finished my 2nd season with Williams, selected high development option and got loads of great updates, I finished the season 3rd 40 points off Lewis in 1st. Got a contract offer from McLaren for season 3. I am going to turn dynamic weather off because I'm sick of having wet races for every race!!

CBR1K, F21 125D
Since the patch I have noticed terrible in game lag (Xbox), in that you are racing against someone who may or who maybe not actually there!!

Either 4 seconds ahead or 10 seconds behind... wtf.

Golf R/Leon FR
The game is riddled with bugs to be honest, I get frame rate issues all the time on PS3. If I restart a race (normally due to the awful penalty system) it messes up my tyre wear so when I start the race its like having really worn tyres.

RS Clio 182
I am going to turn dynamic weather off because I'm sick of having wet races for every race!!

Ive only had a few wet races a season - didnt they reduce the rain frequency a lot in the patch? Ive noticed quite a bit of slowdown since the patches - it was fine when i first bought the game...they need to sort it out.

Alonso is going for his 2nd title,with Schumacher the closest driver. Button is down in 13th!! Mercedes seem to be the best all round team now in season 2.

Golf R/Leon FR
Yeah supposedly they did but in nearly every race it rains, they AI stay out on slicks and I come in for wet tyres and breeze past them. Not realistic, so id rather have dry races. Mercedes were the fastest teams in my 2nd season too. McLaren and Merc AMG were 1,2 in constructors with Lewis and Schumacher fighting for the WDC. Massa ended up 17th in the WDC lol.

RS Clio 182
Just got my best ever finish of 2nd in Korea,then followed it on with a 4th in India - which is turning into my favourite track. Im currently in 7th on 99 pts. beating both my teammate and rival. And ive just accepted an offer from Sauber to drive for them in Season 3! :cool:

RS Clio 182
I got my ever win at the USA GP in the Williams,qualified in career best of 2nd,got ahead of Massa at the start and managed to hold off Webber later in the race. Ironically only the 2nd time ive ever driven on this track - compared to all the other ones i mustve been on 50+ times hehe. Just Brazil to go and that guranteed me 7th in the placings,even catching Vettell in 6th in the end.

RS Clio 182
Got back-to-back wins at the end of the season,with a 1st at Brazil. Ive got to say,not enjoyed a race as much as that - started in 7th,pulled off a great move on lap 2 to take the lead from Schumacher - when i came out of the pits i was neck and neck with him - and managed to hold him off,shaving tenths off my laps - was in the mid 1:15.0's. Brazil seems to be a proper 'racing' track if you know what i mean,almost like a karting circuit.

Finished the season in 6th,ahead of Vettel on 164 pts. Alonso won the championship by about 40 points from 2nd placed Schumacher. Button & Massa 13th & 14th lol.

I was expecting to have Perez as my teammate for the next season in the Sauber,but its Kobayashi. Surprising as Perez has been stronger then him in both seasons! Think our main rivals will be Lotus next season. Mercedes will be the team to beat again.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Also on Professional, just finished my 3rd season, first 2 with Force India, 3rd with Redbull and just managed to scrape the Championship away with Hamilton just a few points behind. Now starting my 4th season and signed for Mclaren, may up to Legend now though as its becoming a bit too easy.

Right, doing a season why are the set ups locked and in parc ferme in quallifying?

Only thing I can change in front wing.

Surley you should be able to change your set ups throughout qually?!?

Impreza RB5 #054
You can in qualifying 1 and 2 just not the top ten shoot out. Always best to chuck a set of brand new options on at the end of Q2, because they will be the tyres you do Q3 and start your race with.