ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F1 2012

I tend to set up high downforce, high anti roll bar settings.

I prefer the car to oversteer and have to fight it abit than be under steering.

Im also dead slow on the straights but good at the high speed stuff and breaking.

SQ5
I usually do the same, front ARB and height low then the rears high so it turns in well with extra oversteer.

The AI seem to brake very early.

I can't stand the Monaco race, it feels like I would have to practice for ages to be able to do a full race without scraping along some of the barriers at some point.

SQ5
I don't think I've completed a Monaco GP yet.

I spun on the long sweeping bend and got wedged Austin Powers style. Everyone crashed into me and I got disqualified! For causing collision, illegal blocking etc...

Impreza RB5 #054
Anybody playing online yet?

Could easily set up a custom race on any track we like, get a few together and could be a laugh.

Golf R/Leon FR
I can't stand the Monaco race, it feels like I would have to practice for ages to be able to do a full race without scraping along some of the barriers at some point.

I hate this race, there is no grip on the track no matter what set up you have and always spin/crash at the swimming pool.

Goliath I
I hate this race, there is no grip on the track no matter what set up you have and always spin/crash at the swimming pool.

I hate that corner, no matter what setup you use the back end always kicks out! What's even more annoying though is that the AI opponents are able negotiate at a decent speed whereas I always have to take it like driving on ice.

The Monaco race though is true to a real life F1 weekend, its all about qualifying and covering the pit stops.

It does my head in that I qualify down in 20th, then in the race I'm easily in top 10, then I pit and end up back at the end of the pack!

Golf R/Leon FR
This is why I'm waiting for a few weeks until buying the new one and people have played it for a while. CM should be doing a lot better IMO.

Goliath I
I really wish the game had better replay options, like being to have angles from other cars and the ability to save and upload.

Earlier I was racing at Spa, I had Raikennon in front of me on the long straight when he must have had a blow out or something as he just flew into right hand barrier, bounced off and just missed me. Hamilton was on his DRS coming up behind me for the over take before Raikennon clipped him, which sent him bouncing off the left barrier and took out the car behind him causing a huge pile up!

Golf R/Leon FR
I agree with you, I had a great race at silverstone last night, starting 18th with very poor quali and managed to get on the poduim. I did some great overtakes and would have been good to see it from other cars perspective.

Megane 225 F1
They had it on f1 championship edition when the ps3 first came out, that wasn't codies though.
I used to love weaving and braking to get things heated up

Goliath I
I also wondered why theres no better starting process? Its simply foot down and go. You can play with the revs to give you a slight jump, but you cant really have a bad start.

Golf R/Leon FR
I used to love F1 championship edition, getting heat in the tyres etc on warm up lap was great and built up the tension/excitement for the race. They also had trials and tests for drivers seats and test seats which was awesome. I cant see CM including any of this considering you cant even do P1 and P2 now.

Impreza RB5 #054
Gutted we are losing Hockenheim this year :(

My fave track of the game, can also peddle it quite quick round aswell with a low 1:15.

Goliath I
It's dumbed down F1 racing for the masses now.

This in effect. It all went Colin Mcrae, luckily it still seems to hold enough appeal to the diehard fans and hasn't been fiddled with to much.

Whats the take on F1 2014? I've read PS4/New Xbox, but there has been no confirmation of it being in production for either current or next-gen?

RS Clio 182
Update :

Just finished season 3 in the Mercedes - i finished in 6th place in the drivers,Vettell just nicking 5th from me. Hamilton ran away with it. Have stuck with Mercedes for Season 4 - just got an 8th in Australia and a 2nd place a Sepang. I like how the drivers strengths have changed - Glock is suddenly finishing in the top 10 now in the Marussia (!!) and Sauber look really strong! Kobayashi & Perez just got 3rd & 4th at Sepang. Hoping to get an offer from RB or McLaren soon. Hamilton looks the best driver now - could be on for another championship - but its my TM Schumacher who is leading atm. :cool:

Goliath I
Finally got an offer from Ferrari going into season 4.

I was with Merc last season and was fighting for the Constructors Championship. Going into the last race if both me and Nico finished in the top 5 we had it in the bag! With 9 laps to go I was 3rd and Nico was fighting for position behind me. I was so worried he would go and do something 'computer like' and take us both out I let him past... And on the last lap he flew off the track with 3 corners left... Aaargh!

Alonso is s**t though? He's down in 11th while I'm 2nd lol

RS Clio 182
Finally got an offer from Ferrari going into season 4.

I was with Merc last season and was fighting for the Constructors Championship. Going into the last race if both me and Nico finished in the top 5 we had it in the bag! With 9 laps to go I was 3rd and Nico was fighting for position behind me. I was so worried he would go and do something 'computer like' and take us both out I let him past... And on the last lap he flew off the track with 3 corners left... Aaargh!

Alonso is s**t though? He's down in 11th while I'm 2nd lol

Yeah Alonso was s**t in my 3rd season,but he picked it up in the 2nd half of the season and managed to get 8th lol. Massa was even worse,not sure if he managed to score a point!! Im fearing Glock in the Marussia in this 4th season hehe.

53 Clio's & counting
I have this but have only had a little dabble for a practice - not started a season yet - must really get on with it

Golf R/Leon FR
Still on season 3 and just done Spa, still with McLaren and I left it too late in Q1 to get a good lap in and started 18th. I love this track on the game and the McLaren was awesome. I won the race by 30 seconds due to coming in for inters before the AI with 4 laps to go whilst they struggled on slicks. I'm leading the championship by 15 points from Hamilton.
Monza up next :)

If you guys lose a wing half way through the race, do you play on and not restart the race?

I've restarted quite a few races because of the AI being ridiculously aggressive resulting in me spinning out/damaging my car.

Bad sportsmanship, I know. :eek: