ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F1 2012

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I hope there's a proper career mode, even something akin to the Race Driver series would be fine. '10 and '11 weren't great because of this. Just felt detached from the experience when the only feedback you got was a magazine article/email.

I want an angry Scot to yell at me that it's the final lap and I need to push it.

Also, will the race engineer stuff be more relevant? Say if I'm in a Lotus, and one of the Sauber's is ahead of me and not damaged there isn't a snowballs chance in hell that I can catch up with him, even with perfect driving... so the race engineer telling me to push on and chase him isn't going to work :p

Goliath I
From what i read it seems that the Career mode has taken a backseat to the newer modes. Where you play as one of six champions and it lasts around 10 races?

In one of those articles the author has stated that in the previous 2010 and 2011 games it would take forever to complete the game and so these new additions are welcomed...

Now excuse my ignorance but isn't that what a racing sim is all about? As an F1 fan and eager gamer I want to start at the bottom and work my way up, that's what it's all about isn't it? Are Forza players moaning that they've yet to finish the game? No. What about Fifa gamers, do they complain that the game never ends? No.

Personally, I welcome the new additions but just hope that the Career mode has been given the same lift as the rest if the game. I'm still playing 2011 and im in my second season, it takes me around 3 hours to do one race. That's how I play, 40% race distance and long weekend.

Maybe it's to appeal to a wider audience which I can appreciate, either way I'll be buying it!

Lee

BMW M2C
Andy, that article got confused. We have a shorter season for people who don't want to do a full season. That's call Season Challenge. Champions Mode is another mode where you take on each Champion in a set scenario.

This video covers a lot of the new stuff: [video]http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/bs19hr/f1-2012-new-challenges-interview[/video]

Andy, that article got confused. We have a shorter season for people who don't want to do a full season. That's call Season Challenge. Champions Mode is another mode where you take on each Champion in a set scenario.

This video covers a lot of the new stuff: [video]http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/bs19hr/f1-2012-new-challenges-interview[/video]

Ah I see, that sounds decent. Adds a bit of variety.

Just to reiterate what has been mentioned a few times in the thread, I hope more incidents occur in the game this year, I was the only car to retire in the whole 2011 season lol.

Listerine & Poledo
take on each Champion in a set scenario.

Schumacher - Can you get to the end of the championship-deciding race? or will Schumy punt you off to seal it for himself.
Kimi - Pit stops last 4/5 minutes as each driver is required to have a mandatory Cornetto.
Alonso - Game view is restricted due to the use of oversized baseball caps
Lewis - No practice time permitted, drivers too busy thinking they're pop stars to care about their job.
Vettel - Using Play / Kinect drivers must gesticulate at other cars as they pass.
Button - Random time delay. Inexplicably your car will periodically slow down without notice, in other sessions other cars will be slowed. No reason is given

Schumacher - Can you get to the end of the championship-deciding race? or will Schumy punt you off to seal it for himself.
Kimi - Pit stops last 4/5 minutes as each driver is required to have a mandatory Cornetto.
Alonso - Game view is restricted due to the use of oversized baseball caps
Lewis - No practice time permitted, drivers too busy thinking they're pop stars to care about their job.
Vettel - Using Play / Kinect drivers must gesticulate at other cars as they pass.
Button - Random time delay. Inexplicably your car will periodically slow down without notice, in other sessions other cars will be slowed. No reason is given

FLOL, you forgot Maldanado Mode - take as many drivers off before the end of the race, each one giving extra KERS.

Now excuse my ignorance but isn't that what a racing sim is all about? As an F1 fan and eager gamer I want to start at the bottom and work my way up, that's what it's all about isn't it? Are Forza players moaning that they've yet to finish the game? No. What about Fifa gamers, do they complain that the game never ends? No.

Slightly off topic but that's what i want from a game but to go one step further starting in go karts then working your way up through formula ford etc.

RS Clio 182
Just to reiterate what has been mentioned a few times in the thread, I hope more incidents occur in the game this year, I was the only car to retire in the whole 2011 season lol.

I agree... i really hope this aspect has been improved,the guy in the video said they were trying to replecate more real life situations,so more AI incidents and crashes/spin outs during races is essential this time....really looking forward to this now - love the fact that some certain teams will be much stronger depending on the circuit - will lead to more unpredictable results like this season!

Oil Burner
I would like more mechanicals as well - perhaps ones that you need to manage with your driving or something? Still think this game is miles ahead of any other PS3 driving game. Not too simulation and not too Arcady. Cant wait for 2012.

Goliath I
Cheers Lee, makes more sense.

Chiming along with everyone else I agree it's the issues outside your own car that needs working on, more incidents etc... The incidents that are now said to occur are a welcome addition, along with being given a few seconds to give a place back rather than an instant drive through when you gain a place by cutting a corner sounds great.

I like the extra new modes, 2011 was begging for some challenges so this should be awesome!

Nothing at the mo :(
hope you lot sort out 2012 cause 2011 is f**king shocking and s**t

.. get a penalty which yep i agree to..come in the pits.. instead of giving me a penalty it puts inters on in the dry!!

Bare in mind this is on a every sunday racing league which i went from 2nd to 7nd because i had to then pit twice again... just rage quit.. f**king piece of crap

so cheers codies for wasting 2 hours of my day

Lee

BMW M2C
Nice one, why does everyone release f**k all until the end of summer?!

3rd year at uni is going to suffer.

Tell me about it. I've got 5 pre orders in all for the end of the year. We have no choice, due to having to make the season end.

Great little guide vid is there going to be one for every track? Think this will be my first f1 game purchase for about 10 years.

The hot lap videos will come in really handy for me, still quite a few tracks that I can't quite get the hang of.

Goliath I
Hey Lee, what's the chances of you giving us the 'Best Setups' for each track and car...

I'm crap at setting the car up and just end up going on the forums!